E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Vmax Delimeter removal by EVC

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 M5 & E45 325

Dear Folks,

I live in the Philippines where speed limit does not exist. I am planning on buying the EVC EX310 Vmax delimeter remover from Turnermotorsports. Can anyone give me any comment if this product really works as advertised.

My stock M5 tires are continental and Z-rated. Can these tires safely handle the 197 mph?

Thanks in advance,

Dexter Go
Old 09-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

First of all, congrats on owning such a fine car ... especially being in the PI (yes, I'm pinoy, too). My first reaction was: how do you keep such a car SECURE from prying eyes?!! In my family, if one were to own a used 1980s Mercedes-Benz, people in the PI would consider you rich ... or a target for robbery, so you can imagine what people are thinking when one drives a new BMW or Benz out there. Anyway, back on topic: to find out if you can reach 197mph on your Z-rated tires, you first have to check its size and load limit specs. Click on this link and scroll to the bottom of the page for more details: SPEED RATINGS

Not familiar with the delimiter product you mentioned, but if it works, you won't be doing max runs at 155 anymore. And just out of curiousity, where in the PI can you do 197???
Old 09-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 M5 & E45 325

Thanks for the advice. As for the Philippines, many things have changed. However, it's still true that the Philippines is still quite a dangerous place. But that does not stop millions of tourists from coming to our beautiful islands, right? But it is not as bad as what people imagine or read in CNN. People live normal lives here as well. And people can also enjoy living here in the Philippines. One advantage over the U.S., we don't have speed limits. Actually, there are a lot of cars in Manila. It's one of the most traffic congested cities in the world. There are many Toyota's, Honda's, and Nissan's all around. As for luxury cars believe it or not I think BMW (showrooms) has been in the Philippines for at least 10 years. Other showrooms that we have are Mercedes Benz, Audi, Porsche, Range Rover, Jaguar. I know there is a Ferrari/Masserati showroom but I don't think they are selling. But of course, you rarely see those luxury brands on the roads. But there are many kept in the garages of private owners.

I think the peace and security situation in the Philippines has improved compared to 5 years ago or even 10 years ago. Like in our case, in 1989 we just got our month old Nissan Patrol 4x4 and we got car hijacked. The car hijackers overtook us and blocked our path. They got out and used their M-16 armalite to hit my dad on the head. Luckily, in that incident nobody got hurt. They were just after the Patrol. In year 2000, I went to the gym and when I got out our Mitsubishi Pajero was gone. I think in that same year a few months earlier before that incident, I parked the Pajero outside my friends house to take a leak. When I went back to the Pajero 5 mins. later I was suprised to see 2 guys inside the Pajero. When they saw me they just got out of the Pajero and suddenly a car zoomed beside it to pick them up. You will still be able to read in the newspaper when the police shoot it out with Carnappers and kill them. Actually, I think the cops like to kill them rather than catch them. Because you always read about the carnappers being rubbed out in an encounter.

Actually, so many exotic cars are now being imported and mostly are not properly paying their import duties and taxes. Just recently the government wanted to destroy about a dozen exotics including some brand new Lamborghinis and Porsche's to teach the car smugglers a lesson. Of course, the government couldn't follow through on their tough talk. In the end they just used a backhoe to crush a bunch of lousy BMW's and some other cars. But failed to crush and destroy the brand new lambos, etc. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/17/s...-philippine-c/

The reason why I choose the M5 is because it looks discreete. It just looks like a BMW 5 series, which you can find a lot now in Manila. I think people also now have a changed mentality. There are many exotic cars now in Manila like Mc Laren F1, Gallardos, Porsche's, Ferraris, etc. Check out this burning Ferrari in Manila
. And this 1,000 hp Skyline GTR
I think there should be around 20 or more M5's in Manila.

As for the road, there are many highways here where you can go as fast as you can go. On Sundays, there is no traffic. So there are many highways to choose from.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. kumusta po? sorry to hear about those incidents, but yes people do live normal lives in the PI. congrats on the M5 also and enjoy the forums. and like they always say, if you can drive in manila then you can drive anywhere
Old 09-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='467658' date='Sep 9 2007, 01:19 PM
if you can drive in manila then you can drive anywhere
You're a braver man coz I know I couldn't. I always have to hire a personal driver. But that was in the late 80's and 90's. I'm sure its a lot different now especially in my hometown - Gapo city. Mabuhay and mahalo
Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Congrats about your car EMVY. About the delimiter I don't know EVC but I have Hamman's remap and delimited ECU + Exhaust + Sport Air Filters and I got 332 km/h in speedometer...
Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by dexter_go' post='467078' date='Sep 7 2007, 09:03 PM
Dear Folks,
I live in the Philippines where speed limit does not exist.

Envy!!