E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Top Gear E60 M5 Review Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Here:

http://www.e90post.com/goodiesforyou/topgear-m5.wmv
Old 07-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jul 27 2005, 08:15 AM
Here:

http://www.e90post.com/goodiesforyou/topgear-m5.wmv
[snapback]153555[/snapback]
Sucks! I like Tiff's review much more!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Contributors

This guy should rot in an everlasting hell. As with anycar it does take some time to learn any vehicle. At least he did end it on some what of a good note.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Is he just as stupid as a pigs ass or what??? C'mon the indicator stick. I learned that in 10 seconds.. Turning the Nav lady off was another story. It took some fiddling around but after 10 minutes I got that too..

Okay I am a bit biased off course but this showed me how stupid he is and every other car that he reviews will be taken with a bag of salt for me... blah!
Old 07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Contributors

It's tv for the masses. And the masses drive Vauxhalls and Fords. A review like that makes them feel better for driving a basic car.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jul 28 2005, 02:02 PM
It's tv for the masses. And the masses drive Vauxhalls and Fords. A review like that makes them feel better for driving a basic car.
[snapback]154104[/snapback]
The show has gone down hill over time. He's actually a terrific driver (and can even talk while taking a car around a track at its limit!), but it seems they've gone the too-cute-for-their-own-good route.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Auto/Prem/Xenon/Nav/Sirius

Did you watch the whole thing? Basically, he hates the styling and iDrive, but loves the real car:

"Amazing isn't it? That this is one of the ugliest and most annoying cars in the world but at the touch of a button it becomes one of the very best... it becomes an M5"

And he finished with:
"Its an epic car.. I mean just brilliant."

Sounds like thumbs-up to me!

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 28 2005, 07:27 AM
Is he just as stupid as a pigs ass or what??? C'mon the indicator stick. I learned that in 10 seconds.. Turning the Nav lady off was another story. It took some fiddling around but after 10 minutes I got that too..

Okay I am a bit biased off course but this showed me how stupid he is and every other car that he reviews will be taken with a bag of salt for me... blah!
[snapback]153972[/snapback]
Old 07-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Clevertrousers' date='Jul 28 2005, 04:41 PM
Did you watch the whole thing? Basically, he hates the styling and iDrive, but loves the real car:

"Amazing isn't it? That this is one of the ugliest and most annoying cars in the world but at the touch of a button it becomes one of the very best... it becomes an M5"

And he finished with:
"Its an epic car.. I mean just brilliant."

Sounds like thumbs-up to me!

[quote name='530E60NL' date='Jul 28 2005, 07:27 AM']Is he just as stupid as a pigs ass or what??? C'mon the indicator stick. I learned that in 10 seconds.. Turning the Nav lady off was another story. It took some fiddling around but after 10 minutes I got that too..

[snapback]153972[/snapback]
[snapback]154136[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wouldn't take the criticisms too seriously - I think he's hilarious. "..now I'm listening to some fat bint in a tent..." referring to the opera singer. In the end, he calls the M5 'one of the best in the world'. Here's a couple quotes from the write-up and the video:

?Only a month ago, I stepped out of the Ferrari 430 and thought that maybe in 200 years, someone, somewhere, using materials that don?t currently exist, will make something better. But in fact, I only had to wait four weeks. The M5 is that good.?

?You want to take it on? Don?t bother. It doesn?t matter what you?ve got, it doesn?t matter what you?ve ever driven. This is quicker, it?s faster, it?s more astonishing.?

That sounds like a pretty good review to me.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2004 525 Amethyst grey, Heated front seats, bluetooth prep, Adaptive Xenons, 6 CD changer, Front & Rear PDC, retro-fit 6 DVD changer in boot (trunk) with remote control plus headrest screens and IR headphones, Playstation connection to cabin, twin 12v outlets in rear cabin

Enjoyed (for entertainment value) what I could until he got to the bit about the indicators not cancelling, but then Media Player refused to play any more.

Any one else solved this?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PeterT' date='Jul 31 2005, 11:51 AM
Enjoyed (for entertainment value) what I could until he got to the bit about the indicators not cancelling, but then Media Player refused to play any more.

Any one else solved this?
[snapback]154852[/snapback]
Yes, tap the indicator again in the SAME direction, and it will stop.

Quick Reply: Top Gear E60 M5 Review Video