5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 M5 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/)
-   -   Rotors (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/rotors-135042/)

abrookey 09-11-2013 02:17 PM

Rotors

Where is the best place to buy front rotors for the E60 M5, without refinancing the house?

BEE M 09-16-2013 09:28 AM

Lol.. i don't know if there is such a thing without sacrificing quality and safety.. i'm sure you can find something on the forums or ebay for used or slightly used if you are patient.

Only Bimmers 09-26-2013 06:32 PM

I have to tell you that when i was repairing Bimmers wit my little side business i always begged people to stick with oem or oes. Any time they insisted on the cheaper aftermarket stuff you wind up regretting it. There is just nothing like OEM and that has issues lasting. Just ask any 545 owners how they love their oil leaks :)

abrookey 09-30-2013 05:47 AM

I am not sure what "oes" stands for, original equipment specs???

stfoer 10-03-2013 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by abrookey (Post 1518823)
Where is the best place to buy front rotors for the E60 M5, without refinancing the house?

If you can afford an M5 you should be able to afford to maintain it.

abrookey 10-07-2013 06:07 AM

Ok, so if I have an M5 I should go to the dealer and pay what, $500, $600 each when there are places that sell the same thing for less? I expected that the car costs more to maintain but why spend more than you have to. It's sad, a new owner comes here looking for advice, tips etc... and there are people that are willing to help or point you in the right direction, then you get the attitude from some that some people think BMW owners have. Simply, I am looking for ways to save a couple bucks when possible, I never even suggested that I was looking at Walmart for parts. Sad. Thanks to those that are willing to help though.

gcal08 10-09-2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by abrookey (Post 1520999)
Ok, so if I have an M5 I should go to the dealer and pay what, $500, $600 each when there are places that sell the same thing for less? I expected that the car costs more to maintain but why spend more than you have to. It's sad, a new owner comes here looking for advice, tips etc... and there are people that are willing to help or point you in the right direction, then you get the attitude from some that some people think BMW owners have. Simply, I am looking for ways to save a couple bucks when possible, I never even suggested that I was looking at Walmart for parts. Sad. Thanks to those that are willing to help though.

Check out m5board.com before you ask questions make sure to do some searching first.

highestrich4 01-02-2014 02:01 PM

check out ecstuning.com

bsze 01-02-2014 11:37 PM

rockauto.com for oem or aftermarket parts.
faulknerbmwpartssource.com for genuine bmw parts.

ecstuning is a little expensive compared to those 2 that I mentioned above, but they are a one stop shop for genuine bmw, oem and aftermarket.