E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Potentially buying M5, need help with few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See sig :)

Maybe, I might just pull the trigger if I find the right one. I am not going to be so picky over the colors any more lol. White, Silverstone, IB, Gray, Black and Silver will go...

Here are a few questions... I know by a rule of thumb its always better to get the newest model as possible according to budget. However that being said, should I really lean for 2007 model over the 2006?

What would be better in this senario... 07 m5, 40k miles or a 06 m5, 25k miles?
What is considered high mile for these cars? I really dint want any issues, especially because I am importing the vehicle to Canada, 2006 being the first year I am a bit skeptical as some issues did arise with my 04 645, but luckily I had warranty...

I am looking for 07 M5, less than 30k miles for around $40-42k is that reasonable or am I dreaming?

Any help would be great guys, thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Contributors

oh man, what can I say... for $42k around that you will find only in USA. I bought mine 2006 with 70k km, for $60k (include tax). I think anthing about 80k km on an m5 is too much already, it is decent for a 2006 but still a lot I think. If you are looking for an m5 2007 or 06 with around 40k km or less, its gonna be more that $40k I think. I am not sure with the prices in US but in Canada, LOL you will pay almost twice as much in U.S

I found a few if you are interested.

http://autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_...ributes=photos,,

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Those 2 above are probably a bit expensive but they are true beauties.

Here more ...

There are obviously more. Try to look at autotrader.ca or autotrader.com

That will do !
Old 02-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Contributors

I've seen a few go for the 42-44 range. 07 low miles... But I am definantly getting it from the states, Canada is a RIP lol
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i | Titanium Silver | Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation packages | Style 124 staggered rims | iPod integration | Tinted windows

Originally Posted by tbal
I've seen a few go for the 42-44 range. 07 low miles... But I am definantly getting it from the states, Canada is a RIP lol
Hey Desi brother,

Wow, an M5! I was thinking the same thing... but I've enjoyed the peace of having warranty on my Canadian 545i. What are you going to do about warranty on the US car? I have spoken with my dealership and they said, they do not have to honour the warranty of a US car, even if the car is within the allotted mileage. Lastly, do you still qualify to get the free Oil fill-ups from the dealership if the car is not purchased from Canada?

My Acura dealership in Kitchener had a 2007 M5 for $60K with 54K km's. I was tempted, but it was a US car and I was uncertain of the warranty issues...
They now have a 2008 M3 Cab for $68K with 30K km's. Car has navi, 6-speed and all the options...
Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Contributors

They have to honor the factory warranty of the vehicle that sounds like BS. If not, I can always drive across the border to the close by BMW dealership lol.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i | Titanium Silver | Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation packages | Style 124 staggered rims | iPod integration | Tinted windows

If getting across the border for warranty service is an option for you, then I would pull the trigger on the '07.

Another thing to consider is how many miles you expect to put on the M5 before selling. Looking at used CPO cars on bmwusa.com, older cars with lower mileage tend to sell for higher than newer cars with high mileage.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Contributors

High milage car is out of the question for me... Want to keep it under 30k
Old 02-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Tbal!, yes, GET THE M5!!!

After you buy the M5 in the states, quickly ask the last owner to get the print-out of the recall and maintenance of the car at the dealer (only that owner can do because US dealers won't give it to new Canadian owners because BMW Canada and BMW USA made a deal in which sucks. You will need it for RIV after it enters into Canada. Very important!!

If not, BMW Canada will ask you to replace the cluster and re-program for +$3500 first (it is bs) then they will give you Recall letter for $500 (another bs but it may be an option if you want to get factory warranty). You will need it for Form 2 from RIV. So get the recall letter from the last owner in the states for FREE!.

BMW Canada hates Canadians buy cars in the States.

More info see: http://ucanimport.blogspot.com/

Good luck! and let us to know after u purchased it!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Yeah baby! Welcome to the family! You're going to love it! Just get ready for the mods to be twice as expensive.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miguex
Tbal!, yes, GET THE M5!!!

After you buy the M5 in the states, quickly ask the last owner to get the print-out of the recall and maintenance of the car at the dealer (only that owner can do because US dealers won't give it to new Canadian owners because BMW Canada and BMW USA made a deal in which sucks. You will need it for RIV after it enters into Canada. Very important!!

If not, BMW Canada will ask you to replace the cluster and re-program for +$3500 first (it is bs) then they will give you Recall letter for $500 (another bs but it may be an option if you want to get factory warranty). You will need it for Form 2 from RIV. So get the recall letter from the last owner in the states for FREE!.

BMW Canada hates Canadians buy cars in the States.

More info see: http://ucanimport.blogspot.com/

Good luck! and let us to know after u purchased it!

wow thanks a lot bro! I didn't know that. I think you just saved me some moolah lol

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Yeah baby! Welcome to the family! You're going to love it! Just get ready for the mods to be twice as expensive.
LOL oo man C I know your gonna be a badddd influence!

Quick Reply: Potentially buying M5, need help with few questions!