Need E60 M5 DSC trace file for coding - 5Series.net - Forums


Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
Members
Thread Starter
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Athens - Greece
Posts: 93
Default Need E60 M5 DSC trace file for coding

Hello everybody. I have replaced my 530i brakes with M5 brakes and i was told that i could also code the dsc with M5 specs from the trace file (TRC) using NCS expert. (The brake pump cylinder is the same in six cylinder models as M5's, it just differs in coding where M5 cars provide greater pressure of the pump while braking). If anyone has a trace file and wants to share with me to code the DSC please send me the file using pm or my email at [email protected]. If there is an alternative method to code dsc to M5 specs please share

Best regards to everyone
Dimitris

Last edited by sparky; 11-23-2016 at 10:22 PM.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 107
Default

Absolutely not the same DSC unit. The M5/M6 have a different control board and firmware. I've taken many apart.
jcolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #3
Members
Thread Starter
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Athens - Greece
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Absolutely not the same DSC unit. The M5/M6 have a different control board and firmware. I've taken many apart.
Yes the DSC units are different but the master brake cylinder which sends the pressure from the pedal is the same from 520i to M5.

https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/parts/...6586/appliance
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes the DSC units are different but the master brake cylinder which sends the pressure from the pedal is the same from 520i to M5.

https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/parts/...6586/appliance
Correct, the brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir, and brake booster assembly are identical on all model E60s. But there is nothing about the braking system in any E60 which is affected by computer coding or programming other than the DSC unit. Hydraulic pressure applied from pedal force to the brake lines is due to pedal pressure, nothing else. At least not until the DSC unit intervenes by venting fluid pressure off (anti-lock) or applying pressure to one or more calipers (traction control). The DSC unit itself has it's own hydraulic pump driven by a DC motor on the unit. This is how the DSC generates pressure, not from the brake master cylinder.

There's nothing in the coding of the vehicle which can affect braking pressure except the DSC unit unless I'm not understanding what you're asking for.

I've dismantled about 30 E60 M5 and E63 M6 for salvage and sold many sets of calipers and rotors to non-M E60 owners.
jcolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:50 AM   #5
Members
Thread Starter
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Athens - Greece
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Correct, the brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir, and brake booster assembly are identical on all model E60s. But there is nothing about the braking system in any E60 which is affected by computer coding or programming other than the DSC unit. Hydraulic pressure applied from pedal force to the brake lines is due to pedal pressure, nothing else. At least not until the DSC unit intervenes by venting fluid pressure off (anti-lock) or applying pressure to one or more calipers (traction control). The DSC unit itself has it's own hydraulic pump driven by a DC motor on the unit. This is how the DSC generates pressure, not from the brake master cylinder.

There's nothing in the coding of the vehicle which can affect braking pressure except the DSC unit unless I'm not understanding what you're asking for.

I've dismantled about 30 E60 M5 and E63 M6 for salvage and sold many sets of calipers and rotors to non-M E60 owners.
Yes you are absolutely right on all the above. I have retrofitted to M5 brakes front and rear (my car is a 530i) and my pedal is a bit softer than before with stock 530i brakes. I have bleeded the brake lines using the old classic method with a friend of mine. I was told that there is some kind of coding or maybe meant calibration of the DSC (bleeding using ISTA/D or INPA which removes any air left inside dsc or so). Thank you for your time and your answers! Really appreciated buddy
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:18 PM.


All content Copyright 2012 by Internet Brands, Inc.