E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

My M5 has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Yeah I want to be a pilot too, but I like to fly big planes. Not as fun as a chopper but the suit looks so nice.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

wow, omG I just had an orgasim just listening to those m5s driving by! my gurl better watch out!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='196517' date='Nov 10 2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah I want to be a pilot too, but I like to fly big planes.
Like what? the A380?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

I always prefer A over B. But I do like the 747 and the 777.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

Correction: I work sometimes and mostly drive fast cars because the M5 is faster than the helicopter ( Sikorsky S76 ).
Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by cidair' post='196284' date='Nov 10 2005, 01:41 PM
The guy at the gas station, close to the track, looked very pleased

Imagine 25 M5?s filling up!!!

It was amazing to stand beside the start/finish straight at the track

Just l isten

DSC off, anyone???
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow the drift is just the best one ever
Old 11-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

i must say i am very dissapointed in how the m5 lacks the ability to do a pseudo-LC...

On my m3 smg , if you disable DSC , put it into shift-pattern 6 , and then just floor it (from standstill) it waits for the revs to build up to 3500 and then it unleashes hell

So, stopping short of LC , it is a very good way to get moving quickly.

On the m5, i tried turning dsc off, edc to sport and everything else but it would not let me build up the revs before i started. As soon as i hit the gas pedal the bloody car started moving !

thanks bmw

p.s. On a sidenote i have done around 100 LC with the m3, and had two smg failure messages pop-up so far
Old 11-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by 700700' post='197181' date='Nov 12 2005, 07:10 AM
i must say i am very dissapointed in how the m5 lacks the ability to do a pseudo-LC...

On my m3 smg , if you disable DSC , put it into shift-pattern 6 , and then just floor it (from standstill) it waits for the revs to build up to 3500 and then it unleashes hell

So, stopping short of LC , it is a very good way to get moving quickly.

On the m5, i tried turning dsc off, edc to sport and everything else but it would not let me build up the revs before i started. As soon as i hit the gas pedal the bloody car started moving !
Is this a quicker way to get the car to accelerate? In other words, do you notice better quarter-mile times with this method over doing the 'real' launch control method (holding the shifter forward, fully depressing the gas, then letting go of the shifter)?
Old 11-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='197391' date='Nov 13 2005, 12:32 AM
Is this a quicker way to get the car to accelerate? In other words, do you notice better quarter-mile times with this method over doing the 'real' launch control method (holding the shifter forward, fully depressing the gas, then letting go of the shifter)?
No, not really but is is much quicker then depressing the gas while the car is moving. Also the "kick" from going from 1st to 2nd gear is smaller. I have spoken to my bmw dealer, and they recommend lauching like this as it stresses the mechanical components less and there is no cooling-off period as well.

I have been able to do it 10 times in less than 5 minutes (at traffic lights) , with no problems whatsoever.

dont blame me thou, i live in a country where everything is not as supposed to be, here the first bmw m6 was delivered on the 22nd June , way before general release. And now we have 7 m6s and only 2 m5s ...

anyways i "test-drove" the m5 on a closed curcuit, and since i was not allowed to do LC (of course, considering it was a car for a customer) , i tried the above method which had i had learned from my m3. No luck though, the revs just started building up from idle and the car did accelerate , but nowhere as ferociously as it would with LC...
Old 11-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 700700' post='197801
No, not really but is is much quicker then depressing the gas while the car is moving. Also the "kick" from going from 1st to 2nd gear is smaller. I have spoken to my bmw dealer, and they recommend lauching like this as it stresses the mechanical components less and there is no cooling-off period as well.

I have been able to do it 10 times in less than 5 minutes (at traffic lights) , with no problems whatsoever.

dont blame me thou, i live in a country where everything is not as supposed to be, here the first bmw m6 was delivered on the 22nd June , way before general release. And now we have 7 m6s and only 2 m5s ...

anyways i "test-drove" the m5 on a closed curcuit, and since i was not allowed to do LC (of course, considering it was a car for a customer) , i tried the above method which had i had learned from my m3. No luck though, the revs just started building up from idle and the car did accelerate , but nowhere as ferociously as it would with LC...
[/quote]

So where do you live?