E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

My beast if finally complete! Thank You CA Automotive!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

It has indeed been quite a journey!

First with the Eisenmann Exhaust getting lost in the wilderness, and then the wheel offset issue, and finally the CEL which was diagnosed to be from a faulty fuel tank sensor thankfully!

Well, I am happy to announce that the beast has been finally and succesfully put together.. and is running great!

Actually, that is an understatement, and I can't keep calm abut this anymore!

THE M5 IS A FRIGIN ROCKET NOW!!!!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE HOW MUCH PERFORMANCE IT HAS!!!!

First of all, I would like to send out my utmost gratitude to Roy at CA Auto for standing up with me through everything and putting things right whenothers were slacking off! The guy is outstanding! It's such a shame I did not get to meet him on my visit to the UK as he was very busy else where in the country!

But I did meet some amazing people who are his partners and coleagues and I must admit.... I was impressed with their professionalism and workmanship!

A shout out goes to my tune man Laj ( AKA Mike ) for taking the time to meet up with me and taking care of my ECU remap. The guy knew his $hit and didn't once stutter over what I wanted, he knew exactly what I needed from the map and I didn't even have to spill single word!

The guy gae us a chance to see his Z4M CSL... what a car. And if you are wondering what a Z4M CSL is... well... I will let my man Roy explain!!

Anyways, I got back home on Sat and immediately installed the ECU back in the car and connected the battery! I cranked her up and immediately... I felt a change in the way the car cranked up! Much more grunt and rev to it!

I took it straight to my installer and got the Section 1 installed! I cannot explain the smile on my face when I cranked her up! It sounds meeeeeeeeeeeean!!! The car revs up so much faster, and the sound is pure METAL!!!!! Cold starts are crazy!!!

Now to my impressions of driving the beast with the CA Auto map.

What can I say... the more I drive it the more powerful it gets. I've only done about 60 miles and I Mike tells me that it wil only get better from here! I can't beleive how much more power i have at hand now, so much more torque. I dont even need to use the paddles anymore... I just drive in MDM mode and kick down and POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Kickdown from 70 mph and i get pushed back into my seat all the way to 160mph. I am too scared to even take up over that speed.. I have no doubt i will see 200 cause it gets to 160 with so much ease and I know the needle will not loose pace over that!!!

Anyways, to cut the story short... I took her out to stretch her legs on sunday night... andI bumped into a C63 AMG that wanted to play... we rolled at 40km/h and i just pulled away with ease. We rolled again at 60km/h where the C63 seemed to have a better take off at this speed... but I pulled away again. I wasn't even using S6... just MDM as I didn't want to see 8700rpm which I know I wont resist!!!

We then pulled over to the side of the road and the look on his face was priceless. He asked me what I had done to the M5 and how much HP i was pumping... i said I didnt know but I have pretty much every bolt-on available. I asked him why he was surprised, because the M5 is more powerful than the C63 anyway....

He said:

"Cause my C63 is Kleemann, I have the full exhaust including short tube headers, pulley and tune.. and I'm pumping out 480whp."

I just bought some race gas yesterday ( VP Racing MS103 ) and am gonna fill her up tonight, drive her some more and probably fill up again... and then...

DYNO!!!!!

Stay tuned guys!!

I leave you with a picture of one of their workshops in North London!
Attached Thumbnails My beast if finally complete! Thank You CA Automotive!-img00129_20091119_1522.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

POW
Old 11-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Love it! Congrats.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

wow congrats!!!

what bolt ons do you have?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Looks great, can't wait to see more pics..
Old 11-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

nice write-up.. have fun driving!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Nice recap and nice runs against the C63.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

Originally Posted by 545iPoeser' post='1062363' date='Nov 25 2009, 07:09 PM
wow congrats!!!

what bolt ons do you have?
Thanks guys..

These are the mods I have:

Eisenmann Sport Mufflers
Miesterchaft Section 2
Miesterchaft Section 1
Evosport Headers
Evosport Pulley
RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates
BMC Filters
Eibach Pro-Springs
CA Auto/AL Tuning Custom Software
Breyton Race CS 20" Wheels
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Any plans to do the rear diff?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

I was so close to buying the Dinan 3.91, but a lot of members especially on m5board advised me against it. With the kind of power I have now.... the diffs will only make my tyres spin more.

I don't plan on running slicks for the rest of my life! LOL

Quick Reply: My beast if finally complete! Thank You CA Automotive!