E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

M6

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Finally Clarcson admitted that the BMW is the best out of these three cars. Great test the once showed by Top Gear during the weekend on BBC world where they were testing the three GT cars on the TT road track on the Isle of Man.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Well...not exactly. In the test between the 997S, M6 and Aston Martin Vantage, Clarkson said he preferred the Aston. He said "I love the BMW so much, but the one I really love is the M5, not the M6. That's the one I'd have, but we're not doing saloons, we're doing coupes...I'd have the Aston still."

The other 2 reviewers picked the Porsche.

I posted a link to the vid a few days ago:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18756
Old 11-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

True
Old 11-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003

Originally Posted by stream' post='201461' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:25 PM
Well...not exactly. In the test between the 997S, M6 and Aston Martin Vantage, Clarkson said he preferred the Aston. He said "I love the BMW so much, but the one I really love is the M5, not the M6. That's the one I'd have, but we're not doing saloons, we're doing coupes...I'd have the Aston still."

The other 2 reviewers picked the Porsche.

I posted a link to the vid a few days ago:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18756
I know that he prefers the M5, but the M5 was not in this contest. However it is a big step beyond comparing to what he was saying in the review of the M5 where everything looked wrong.

P.S.: I have seen your previous topic after I posted mine already.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The German TV magazine Auto Motor und Sport TV just tested the AMV8 against the 911. The 911 won almost all categories, but it was very close.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I'd take any of them, actually.

Clarkson is a boob if you ask me, however.

I saw him do a review on the M5. Beside the fact that he spent a lot of time bashing the iDrive, he tried to prove a point by showing how changing the volume using the steering wheel controls resulted in changing the radio station. Well No $hit Sherlock! - especially when he was using the arrow buttons (which change the radio stations) as opposed to using the correct button ( + and - ) which are the actual volume controls.

Why didn't he just push the trunk release button and bitch that the hood didn't open. Or why doesn't he complain about how you can't lock the doors using the iDrive knob (because you can't)!

Besides the fact that he's a douche bag, I actually like the show.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='201802' date='Nov 21 2005, 11:57 PM

I saw him do a review on the M5. Beside the fact that he spent a lot of time bashing the iDrive, he tried to prove a point by showing how changing the volume using the steering wheel controls resulted in changing the radio station. Well No $hit Sherlock! - especially when he was using the arrow buttons (which change the radio stations) as opposed to using the correct button ( + and - ) which are the actual volume controls.

Why didn't he just push the trunk release button and bitch that the hood didn't open. Or why doesn't he complain about how you can't lock the doors using the iDrive knob (because you can't)!

I think he was just trying to be funny, he liked it so much he ended up buying one. And Tiff from Fifth Gear drives a 545 as his personal car.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by Member545' post='201908

I think he was just trying to be funny, he liked it so much he ended up buying one. And Tiff from Fifth Gear drives a 545 as his personal car.
[/quote]

Tiff reviewed the M6 last night on English TV (Fifth Gear).
he liked it as he does most BMWs. but really couldn't warrant spending the ?20k premium to the M5. He'd take the M5.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mppockaj' post='201328' date='Nov 21 2005, 08:11 AM
Finally Clarcson admitted that the BMW is the best out of these three cars. Great test the once showed by Top Gear during the weekend on BBC world where they were testing the three GT cars on the TT road track on the Isle of Man.
I think he just preferred the power - although it wasn't enough to 'beat' the others...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Member545' post='201908

[/quote]
I knew that Tiff drives a 545i but I did not know that Clarkson drives an M5 at all. I am glad to hear that.