E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

M5 Center Speaker Upgrade (DIY Link)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ///M5

So UPS delivered the Focal speaker today and did the DIY posted by Dan (whatheheck) and even tho his DIY is for the M6, the similarities are pretty much the same. Here is a link to his DIY and this is highly recommended as this is probably the one speaker that doesn't do much as its dull and sounds flat but after the upgrade its much more crisper sound from the front and its hard to believe that one speaker can make such a big difference but it does and Focal makes a great 4" coaxial speaker that works with the stock stereo.

M6 Center Channel Speaker Replace DIY

The differences I noticed for the M5 are the following:

1. As you all know 2 of the mounts have to be taken off on one side, On the M5 the fit is pretty tight so you will need to shave both mounts slightly to get it fitted. I took a little off at a time for a tight fit but was very close to the holes.

2. I didn't need to make the mounting holes larger as the screws went straight in and the M5 uses philips screws which saved time.

3. the centre cover barely clips back in as the tweet sits high but no complaints as it did fit with a slight bulge, nothing anyone would notice.

Make sure to have the right tools and take your time.

The upgrade is highly recommended from all the ppl that have done this on their M6s.

**I also have the extra Focal speaker if anyone wants to do this DIY so you can pm me.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5 - Indianapolis Red Metallic - Euro Spec SMG Upgrade - Eibach springs - Avant Garde matte black wheels

Ummmm...so where's this link you speak of?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

Oh, I guess I can't post a link of a different forum. Search it under M5 board and you can find it there. Or directly contact member whatheheck.