E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Lemon or no Lemon? I want an M5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently i have been doing alot of researching and looking for a 2006 M5, I am a Canadian Resident and have been looking extensively in the states for an M5. After finding a few in the lower 50's. I have come across one from Diamond Re Marking Group with 25k miles black on black loaded for 49.

I have seen some negative (very) negative feedback on this company about dealer buy back lemons and he has confirmed that this was a dealer buy back due to a hydrolic shifter recall or something (the SMG). He admitted that it was a dealer buy buy but has full warranty and if it was messed up BMW wouldn't honor this warranty.

He also informs me that the cluster doesn't need to be changed that he can program the cluster so that the daylight running lights will be on without the cluster replacement. Basically i need some advice on what to do here. It is a very good deal on the car, but is it smart buying a dealer buyback lemon lawed car? HELP!!!

Thanks guys,

Aartsy
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hi Aartsy. First off, welcome to the forum!

I also came across Diamond Remarketing Group when I was shopping for my M5 almost 2 years ago. They had some great prices but all of their M5s were lemon-law buybacks. This is not necessarily a bad thing as BMW resold these vehicles at auctions after a thorough fix of the problem. The only bad thing is if you were ever to resell the car, you will probably have a hard time getting rid of it. If resell value and potential are important to you, you should look for a clean car. If not, then go for it and have fun.

Good luck!

Tony
Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

I see you are Canadian and you should check with BMW Canada to accept the recall and allow the lemon-M5 enter into Canada. Do some searching in www.riv.ca I remember they said they don't accept lemon cars into Canada but I am not sure. I recommend you do the research first and yes, BMW Canada honors BMW from US if they are clean etc....

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='686624' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Aartsy. First off, welcome to the forum!

I also came across Diamond Remarketing Group when I was shopping for my M5 almost 2 years ago. They had some great prices but all of their M5s were lemon-law buybacks. This is not necessarily a bad thing as BMW resold these vehicles at auctions after a thorough fix of the problem. The only bad thing is if you were ever to resell the car, you will probably have a hard time getting rid of it. If resell value and potential are important to you, you should look for a clean car. If not, then go for it and have fun.

Good luck!

Tony
Hey Tony,

Thanks for the advice, and yes i am looking at reselling the car after about a year or two. Why will i have a problem with resale? ZThis guy seems very accomidating with shipping and recall clearance letter works, he is telling me that i wont have any problems with resale unless i bring it to a BMW dealer, then i will.

How do you like your M5? any problems at all with it?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

What I meant by problems reselling the car is that a lot of buyers will stay away from lemons so it may be difficult for you to unload it.

As for my car, it's not a lemon buyback and I haven't had any issues with it (knock on wood).
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5

Don't buy a lemon... It was declared a lemon because the car couldn't be fixed. If BMW could have fixed the car properly, they wouldn't have had to buy it back!

You can find clean title M5's in the US for around $50k so don't even touch a lemon.