E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

I received My New M5 before Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have been registered here on your site since September, but since I had not received delivery of my car I have just been reading everyones articles, and chating with members here in Germany face to face. I had been waiting very impatiently for this car to test its performance.

My car's laundry list; color is carbon black, interior is sepang bronze with walnut madeira chestnut brown wood trim, dark brown carpet, dash, and alcatera lining. Its beautiful. comfort access system (love it), power rear sunshade, head up display, rear side air bags, fold down rear seats, heated rear seats, M multifunctional seats, active seat backrest with adjustments, side sun blinds, park distance control, Navigation system, (standard right??), sun roof, sound system has 6 cd changer.

Add on: AC Schnitzer gas pedal, brake pedal and foot rest. Hartge front and rear spoiler.

As soon as I get a clear day, I will take a picture and add it to the gallery. Its snowing all the time here in Bensheim. That sucks. I have not been able to put a lot of miles / kilometers on this car. Actually the truth is with the weather conditions and the break in driving peroid I am really not happy with this car performance wise. Its a beautiful, solid, and comfortable car, buuuut for the money, this car should not need a break-in period. I am also a previous and present porsche owner, ( previous 944, 911), (present Cayenne S, Suzuki GSX-1300r Hayabusa), and soon to be 997 911 Turbo. Soo I am no stranger to performance cars. None of the above needed a break-in period. I drove them like a bat out of hell from the factory door at Stuttgart and Leipzig. I am hoping when the weather gets better I can get past the break in milage and really test this cars performance.

Also when I get the break in milage completed BMW will be removing the 155mph speed limiter . This can be done either at the factory or the dealership for a fee and you have to get a quick beyond the speed limit driving class.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it like a man, do a couple of really long trips and get the break-in period done with ! i personally
chose to drive all teh way from germany to my country (2100km) so i wasnt really that bothered about
the limiter....

And any car needs some break-in at first to get all the engine components nicely worn in and locked into place so dont push the porsches too hard

/removing the limiter at the factory (partial removal up to 300km/h not 330) is 2100euro. i would recommend you got one
of the chiping companies to remove your limiter for 500euro max. just make sure your dealer is OK with that