E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

HRE Wheels! (Pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the rare opportunity to see what two different sets of HREs look like on my car. Thought I would share the pictures with you. Thanks to my good friend Peter at Wheelexperts.com for not only snapping the pics for me but helping me with all my wheel and tire questions and needs.

Now to the pics:

20" P40 in Textured Black Finish:

Opinions/thoughts: These wheels def look nice and do complete the "murdered out" look. However, overall they just look too dark on my car, esp since everything else is blacked out. There is no contrast. But it does give that car a mean aggressive dark look. Something more worthy of being knight industries KITT car rather than that stupid mustang hahaha

21" 890R Brushed face with chrome lip

Opinions/thoughts: These wheels def fill up the wheel well much more. However having a rim this large makes the car feel like its missing something along the bottom. The car def needs a kit after putting on these wheels. I would put on my RDSport kit that I've had sitting in the garage for longer than it took for HRE to make the wheels, (yes that means more than 6 weeks) since their customer service is piss poor and has left me in the dark since they sent me a very poor quality cf front airfoil in the wrong color cf. So for now, the car will not have a kit b/c I am going to return the kit for several reasons including I am fed up with their slow service.

Anyways back to the wheels. These def give the the car the contrast that it needs, well in my car's case, and IMO give it a classier look, which is what I intend to go for as far as the wheels are concerned.

BTW for those of you that demanded pics of the smoked tailights...there ya go! Yes I'm slow, and yes I apologize for taking so long to get pics of them up

Comments are welcome!

Thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Contributors

sik! both wheels, but here's my honest opinion.

i would go with the P40's since it goes with your current "blacked out" look. i think since you already tinted out your tail's, i'd continue with the look.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Are you looking for help on deciding, or are these just FYI pictures? You make no mention actually purchasing one of these sets.

Personally, I like the look of the 890R's but would prefer them in dubs. But if I had to choose, I'd go with the 20" P40 Monoblocks like in Pic 1, but in Brushed instead since I am not a can of all-black rims. The P40's are my favorite rim right now.

Aside from my thoughts, looking good in both!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Members

haha sorry guys. I already purchased the 890R in the pictures. Yes I am running two different sets at the same time for now lol. I have both sets on because I was displaying them for Wheelexperts.com at a car show today in their booth. I was thinking of changing out the tail lights back to stock to see how it looks. I think the car needs more contrast with the 890R rims
Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i would vote for the 890Rs as well for the contrast but as drlev stated id prefer them in 20". very nice choice, but i do agree with macfly that from seeing the tinted tails about the black out look. i wonder about black faced 890Rs with the chrome lip. i think it would look better with stock tails. sorry just thinking out loud just my opinion. looks great though
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

I really dig the 21 inch 890r's... those wheels look SICK! I do have to admit that it was a tough choice though, as both sets look nice. Go with the Brushed face and chrome lip!!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Al - unless you're advertising for the BBQ Meet in '09, i'd suggest takin' out the banner on your sig!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

I absolutely love the P40's but I agree that there isn't enough contrast with the P40's in black. I'd love to see them in another color, perhaps...I dunno...anthracite?

The 890's look great too, nice chioce!

Thanks for sharing the pics!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Tough choice. I really love both. I think you have to purchase both and switch back and forth from time to time.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Both look sweet, But I like the 890R

Quick Reply: HRE Wheels! (Pics included)