E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Hello All :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011 | 11:29 AM
Members

Hey all !

I am very interested in buying a 2008+ M5 for a good price. I am familiar with pros and cons on the M5, that is why I decided to go with 08+ models.

Here are some examples I found, what do you guys think?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...wphototab=true

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 01-27-2011 | 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

If it was me I would go for one that has between 25-40k in mileage. You will pay more but will at least have some warranty left, etc. The first listing has 65+ :thumbsdown: . Do some research on the forum for buying used BMW's plenty of helpful info on what to look for in a "quality" used bimmmer. This is some real generic advice so hopefully some of the many M5 owners will chime in for ya... GL
Old 01-27-2011 | 04:33 PM
Members

I will definitely do research here, I find it easily to research stuff about the 5 series here in the forums. Dont you guys think the prices on M5 dropped? or really cheap for a car like that?
Old 01-28-2011 | 11:46 AM
New Members

Greetings,

Like the other memeber said above, when you are in the market for an upper end bmw, especially the M5/M6 you want to have the comfort of knowing you car is still under warranty. Even if the car is CPO'd or original manufacturer warranty, you want to make sure it comes with it.

Having said that, patience is key when spending the amount of money and buying this type of car. I recommend taking some time and researching a little more and to help you out I'll do some research aswell and give you some links that would better help you get into your new M5 =]

Hope this helps!

Kindly,

Jay Gill
Old 01-28-2011 | 03:34 PM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

get low mileage, M only colors such as Interlagos Blue, Indy Red, Silverstone II, get fully loaded and SMG. LCI has the newer headlights and taillights and you can also put HID angel eyes which makes a whole world of difference. PROs: Decently fast, looks amazing, V10 sound, turns heads everywhere, addicting V10 sound with RPi exhaust, comfortable, SMG-3 is amazing, and did I mention the crazy V10 sound? LOL, CRAZY power after 100mph (it's like an energizer battery), EURO Launch Control is fantasticCONs: Cop magnet, Gas Mileage, Finding a good place to park it, Hard to drive everyday, SMG can be expensive if you don't know where to go fix it, car is fast but not enough low end torque, Launch Control can kill your clutch, Bottom line, GET IT!
Old 01-28-2011 | 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Definitely get something with warranty and check the classifieds on M5Board.com.
Old 01-29-2011 | 12:21 AM
Members

I am looking for an Indianapolis red 2008 M5. I test drove a lot of M5s/M6s/M3s. I know the SMG and the M settings with MDM and without. Had couple of shots on the track with the car. I couldnt find a better car in the world then an M5. Best sport sedan ever made.

Also, thank you very much for a warm welcome