E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

ESS VT2

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by skeeter
I had my car shipped from Cali to Ohio...The price isn't as much as you would think...I paid 3g's for the round trip...Also not to down play your shop John, but why would somebody ship the car to you, when they could ship it to Ess for probably the same price....

it's ONLY for the Northeast people. Shipping from the East COast to West COast is expensive. It should end up being cheaper since we will work out a deal with shipping company.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I think Joe from Trinity Autosport will be one of the first in Cali to get the kit. Member AngelSlayer will most likely get it too and he's trying to convince me to join him. haha

Can't wait to see some real world results.
Hahah, come on Tony! You can't say yin/yang and then fold! LOL

I'm probably going to be one of the first in Northern California to get the kit but we will see. If I pull the trigger I'm going to get the RPI variant of the VT-2 kit. RPI is calling it their Stage 3 package and I believe it has some slight changes compared to the standard ESS VT-2 kit. One of the original changes was to modify the intercooler install to make room for the RPI oil cooler but I believe ESS has rolled that change into their standard kit. But there are other changes as well apparently.

The only RPI mod I am missing right now is the GT headers and mine are being made right now. Hoping to see them in 6 weeks or so. By that time I hope to have more info on the RPI version of the VT-2 and decide on pulling the trigger.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Senior Members

Nice can't wait

Originally Posted by AngelSlayer
Hahah, come on Tony! You can't say yin/yang and then fold! LOL

I'm probably going to be one of the first in Northern California to get the kit but we will see. If I pull the trigger I'm going to get the RPI variant of the VT-2 kit. RPI is calling it their Stage 3 package and I believe it has some slight changes compared to the standard ESS VT-2 kit. One of the original changes was to modify the intercooler install to make room for the RPI oil cooler but I believe ESS has rolled that change into their standard kit. But there are other changes as well apparently.

The only RPI mod I am missing right now is the GT headers and mine are being made right now. Hoping to see them in 6 weeks or so. By that time I hope to have more info on the RPI version of the VT-2 and decide on pulling the trigger.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Members

So did any of the prospects get their kit as of yet? Very interested in the results.