5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 M5 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/)
-   -   Crevier BMW, goodbye forever! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/crevier-bmw-goodbye-forever-93460/)

stiusa 02-04-2010 08:31 PM

My microfilter light came on today, and I called Crevier BMW in Santa Ana to see if they will replace them on my 2006 M5 under warranty. My service advisor told me that my warranty had expired 5 days ago, and I was out of luck. What?! My car has not even cleared 25k miles yet, and the car was only in for service a month ago at which time he would not replace the cabin filters. To make matters worse, he quoted me $350 for replacing 2 lousy filters! Give me a break!!!! This is the last time I would ever buy another car from Crevier BMW, or even bring it to them for service. I currently own 4 BMWs, and they are loosing my loyalty!
Out of pity, I gave Crevier BMW & my advisor a good review after my last service. The truth is, their service sucks, and it takes forever for my advisor to call me back. Each time I talk to him, his voice sounded like "What the hell do you want?"

keith84_uk 02-04-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by stiusa (Post 1104833)
My microfilter light came on today, and I called Crevier BMW in Santa Ana to see if they will replace them on my 2006 M5 under warranty. My service advisor told me that my warranty had expired 5 days ago, and I was out of luck. What?! My car has not even cleared 25k miles yet, and the car was only in for service a month ago at which time he would not replace the cabin filters. To make matters worse, he quoted me $350 for replacing 2 lousy filters! Give me a break!!!! This is the last time I would ever buy another car from Crevier BMW, or even bring it to them for service. I currently own 4 BMWs, and they are loosing my loyalty!
Out of pity, I gave Crevier BMW & my advisor a good review after my last service. The truth is, their service sucks, and it takes forever for my advisor to call me back. Each time I talk to him, his voice sounded like "What the hell do you want?"

Sorry to hear your bad experience with yout dealer, try to speak to the sales manager to see if he can force the service department to do anything in your situation.

C5driver 02-04-2010 09:34 PM

Who's your SA?

stiusa 02-04-2010 09:51 PM

It's Brent, but it doesn't matter now. I just ordered a set of charcoal filters and will install them myself. $30 for the set and 10 minutes of labor. Now, how does Crevier BMW justify $350 for this kind of job?

C5driver 02-04-2010 10:53 PM

I used to have Gary, but he left. Great SA...deserved all the awards that were stacked on his desk.

EBMCS03 02-04-2010 11:01 PM

Why did you give them a good rating? This is why dealers dont change their behavior!

stiusa 02-04-2010 11:42 PM

They did a decent job as far as the repair work goes. It was the S A who seem to have an attitude or communication difficuties. I just did not want to see him reprimanded, especially in an economy like this. You are right, I should have just been honest.
Besides, a week & 150 miles later after my oil service with them, my low oil warning light came on. My Service Adivor told me that this is common with the M5s, but I know better. They drink oil, but not a whole qt. in 150 miles. I ended up buying another qt. to put in my car.

06530-6M 02-07-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by stiusa (Post 1104861)
It's Brent, but it doesn't matter now. I just ordered a set of charcoal filters and will install them myself. $30 for the set and 10 minutes of labor. Now, how does Crevier BMW justify $350 for this kind of job?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSh7...4BB60A&index=9

This is the same video I reviewed before changing my own filters a couple of weeks ago. If *I*, the most inept person to ever hold a screwdriver, can do it, trust me, anyone can. :blink:

1. Be sure to have the correct tool for removing the screws.

2. Have a vacuum cleaner w/hose standing by to vacuum up the leaves/debris you'll see inside when you remove the filter. Don't trust that you'll be able to just pick them out by hand or wipe them out with a cloth. You don't want anything to go down the openings below, and they easily can. Once completely vacuumed out, I also wiped it all down with cleaner and damp cloth, something they didn't do in the video.

3. From now on I'm no longer going to wait until my car tells me it's time to replace the filters, or even go by the number of months. I noticed that after changing them I no longer had lint, dust, anything showing up on my center console. I could wipe it clean and a couple of days later it would have 'stuff' on it again. Now, nothing. When I start seeing 'particles' on the console again I'll replace them. That's how my interior used to be -- clean all the time -- and I hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

Minor comment though: Are you sure you don't want the extended maintenance plan? Although I chose not to purchase because mine's a pretty simple to care for 530i, I can't imagine doing that with something as exotic as an M5.