E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Corsa Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 M5

I know there's a lot of love for RPI here, but has anyone heard or run the Corsa Exhaust for the M5?

It's gaining some fans on the M5board for it's lack of drone at cruising speeds while having an exotic sound when you get on it. Combined with a reasonable price and hot looking tips, it seems like a winner.

What's the word here?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

I'd stick with RPI... I know corsa sounds good on mustangs and corvettes... not sure how it would sound on the s85
Old 05-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

I would too stick with RPi if those are your choices. I'm personally going to go for the Meisterschaft GT on my M5 in the next couple of months, but that's not because I dislike the RPi. It is a quality exhaust and amazing sound, but I just prefer the noise of the Meisterschaft. Coupled with the fact that it too, like the RPi, has proven gains. I don't know enough about the Corsa exhaust to comment on whether they do or don't have proven gains though.

Here's a clip of a Corsa exhaust on an M5 thought

Old 05-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Members

I'm afraid the RPI will be too loud. I like to do a lot of road trips in my car and I don't want the drone of an obnoxious exhaust giving me a headache. The Corsa is supposed to be as silent as stock when at cruise and only gets loud when you put your foot into it. Here's another clip of the Corsa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztH1xwf-ETw
Old 05-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Corsa sounds pretty good!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

It does sound very good to be fair, and if noise is what you're after and you aren't too bothered about hp gains, then go for it dude!

If you're after gains though, and a lovely note, then RPi is a great buy from what I've heard. And I'm pretty sure, if you speak to the guys at Trinity over there, (Nerweezy on here), then he'll be able to point you in the right direction of which exhaust will compliment your requirements
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Members

whaaa very nice sound
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that is straight muscle, I like it a lot.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

I'm not too sure about Corsa but I would go with RPi. In that Corsa video was that section 1-3 or just section 3?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
I'm not too sure about Corsa but I would go with RPi. In that Corsa video was that section 1-3 or just section 3?
They only make a section 3.

There's no debating the merits of the RPI system, but it seems some who have run with it, have switched back to stock or something quieter, so it's not for everyone. The attraction of the Corsa is the exotic sound when you put the pedal down combined with a quiet tone and lack of drone at cruising speeds. The dual character of the M5 is something to be preserved, and I think the Corsa sounds like the ideal exhaust for this car.

Quick Reply: Corsa Exhaust