E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

CANADIANS: Ext. Warranty for 06 M5

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5

Thats not bad but am I understanding correctly that the warranty can only be used at Lubricos approved vendors and not a BMW Dealer? The price is tempting, And also would the compensate after I pay out of my pocket or they pay at the time of repair?

If we are suppost to pay out of our pocket and then fight or argue to get compensated seems like a crook tactic. My last extended warranty didnt have me do this but I recall sometimes I had to wait for approval but thats okay as long I am not fighting or arguing to get covered and then pay out of my pocket and THEN wait for my funds to come back to me, doesnt seem right.

It also seems the warranties are different for the east coast folks than the west coast. I will be doing some research of my own when I get some time, hopefully before my warranty runs out. I also recall my dealer telling me that the warranties are cheaper if they are bought when the Factory warranty is remaining FYI. GL guys and keep the info coming.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Members

Did a little bit more research on Lubrico seems there are some very negative reports on Ripoff.com

http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-war...anty-7da39.htm

Probably not a good option.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by /\/\5power
Thats not bad but am I understanding correctly that the warranty can only be used at Lubricos approved vendors and not a BMW Dealer? The price is tempting, And also would the compensate after I pay out of my pocket or they pay at the time of repair?

If we are suppost to pay out of our pocket and then fight or argue to get compensated seems like a crook tactic. My last extended warranty didnt have me do this but I recall sometimes I had to wait for approval but thats okay as long I am not fighting or arguing to get covered and then pay out of my pocket and THEN wait for my funds to come back to me, doesnt seem right.

It also seems the warranties are different for the east coast folks than the west coast. I will be doing some research of my own when I get some time, hopefully before my warranty runs out. I also recall my dealer telling me that the warranties are cheaper if they are bought when the Factory warranty is remaining FYI. GL guys and keep the info coming.
The SM at my local BMW dealer told me that this is how Global works as well... You pay for it, and then go to them as a "claim" to be reimbursed for the repair. I really didnt like this option at all, along with the "reserved right to use used parts". My dealer (BMW London) told me they have a deal with Global to only used BMW new parts, which was nice.

To be honest, i think im screwed as far as timing anyways (for the 7 star warranty) as it needed to be activated before original manufacturer warranty lapsed, which was a month ago now. ( my dealer was going to help me out with some dating). For $4500 i thought it might be worth it for "peace of mind" but if the clutch isnt covered, what is the point? I thought for resale value??? But isnt the depreciation already at its max with the F10 out now, and my warranty expired??? Please comment.

I feel like it may be harder to sell the car without a 3rd party warranty attached to it, my car is low mileage (29,000kms), and have had no drivetrain, or major issues whatso ever.

Good thread! Lets find a good warranty in CAN for us all!

Cheers fellas