E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

BMW policy on M5 deposit of US cars???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw from M5board that BMW canada has officially requested 20k CDN deposit for the people on the wait list for the M5. Which I think is a great way to weed out the people who just want to make quick cash with their spot.

So, I called BMWNA asked if same policy will be applied to US spec cars.

Dee dee was the customer service rep.

1st response. BMWNA is going to have similar process for the US M5.

So my next question was, how much will be the deposit amount and when will the policy be announced.

her response- the amount of deposit and exact detail of deposit policy will be determined by individual dealer.

I am like huh???? So i asked another question. "are you telling me that deposit policy would be left to each dealer and in other word the deposit policy on the M5 will be different from BMW canada?"

Her response is that "we at customer relations really don't get detail information on the new M5. I recommend you to talk to your dealers for detail information".

So basically after 5 minutes on the phone I am back to square one.

I need help. I know BMWCCA is going to have a meeting in NJ soon. Can anyone ask BMWNA whether or not BMWNA is going to ask additional upfront deposit for the new M5.

I am going away for 3 months. I don't want to comeback and find out that my spot is gone due to deposit requirement.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Jun 10 2005, 05:12 PM
Just saw from M5board that BMW canada has officially requested 20k CDN deposit for the people on the wait list for the M5.? Which I think is a great way to weed out the people who just want to make quick cash with their spot.

So, I called BMWNA asked if same policy will be applied to US spec cars.?

Dee dee was the customer service rep.

1st response.? BMWNA is going to have similar process for the US M5.?

So my next question was, how much will be the deposit amount and when will the policy be announced.

her response- the amount of deposit and exact detail of deposit policy will be determined by individual dealer.?

I am like huh????? So i asked another question.? "are you telling me that deposit policy would be left to each dealer and in other word the deposit policy on the M5 will be different from BMW canada?"

Her response is that "we at customer relations really don't get detail information on the new M5.? I recommend you to talk to your dealers for detail information".

So basically after 5 minutes on the phone I am back to square one.

I need help.? I know BMWCCA is going to have a meeting in NJ soon.? Can anyone ask BMWNA whether or not BMWNA is going to ask additional upfront deposit for the new M5.?

I am going away for 3 months.? I don't want to comeback and find out that my spot is gone due to deposit requirement.
[snapback]138408[/snapback]

I agree! the deposit should be much larger than what they are asking now. $1k normally and some even 500...

I ABSOLUTELY HATE those people who buy get on the list and then later auction off their spot. BMW NA needs to regulate this.

Left to the individual dealers means same as now. no change.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

US law is very specific. Manufacturers cannot set prices (hence MSRP is "suggested" retail). By law, pricing, deposit requirements, etc. must be left up to the dealer.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

My local dealer (Stevens Creek BMW) called me this week re my M5 enquiry and seemed to be implying that they did not want any specific deposit for an M5 order but that the car would be sold at "market value" when available, which for early deliveries is likely to be at a pretty hefty premium.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Jun 11 2005, 10:02 AM
My local dealer (Stevens Creek BMW) called me this week re my M5 enquiry and seemed to be implying that they did not want any specific deposit for an M5 order but that the car would be sold at "market value" when available, which for early deliveries is likely to be at a pretty hefty premium.
[snapback]138552[/snapback]
Market value, rofl. Here in the Bay Area where 5% of all households are LIQUID (i.e. outside of real estate) millionaires (according to yesterday's paper) that's going to be a pisser for sure.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

According to whos market value? according to mine its worth about $50K... OK WHERE CAN I BUY ONE NOW!!!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Jun 11 2005, 10:02 AM
tell them they can goto hell.

BMW of fremont, steven creek all wanted market value.

East Bay will charge MSRP but has at least 30 on wait list.

I am getting the car at MSRP through help of a friend of mine.

Dealers in bay area know that they can rip people off, because there are dumb a$$ outthere that will pay $25k $30k over sticker.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Jun 13 2005, 09:42 AM
[quote name='swajames' date='Jun 11 2005, 10:02 AM']My local dealer (Stevens Creek BMW) called me this week re my M5 enquiry and seemed to be implying that they did not want any specific deposit for an M5 order but that the car would be sold at "market value" when available, which for early deliveries is likely to be at a pretty hefty premium.
tell them they can goto hell.

BMW of fremont, steven creek all wanted market value.

East Bay will charge MSRP but has at least 30 on wait list.

I am getting the car at MSRP through help of a friend of mine.

Dealers in bay area know that they can rip people off, because there are dumb a$$ outthere that will pay $25k $30k over sticker.
[snapback]139068[/snapback]
[/quote]
What, they don't have phones or email where you are going?

Tell you what, I've got a solution for you KK. Mail me the $20k and I'll monitor the situation and apply your money to a deposit if need be.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TitaniumGray5' date='Jun 14 2005, 03:18 PM
What, they don't have phones or email where you are going?

Tell you what, I've got a solution for you KK.? Mail me the $20k and I'll monitor the situation and apply your money to a deposit if need be.
[snapback]139266[/snapback]
I'll do it for $10k!