5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 M5 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/)
-   -   Believe it Or Not... It Happens.. (https://5series.net/forums/e60-m5-discussion-3/believe-not-happens-95508/)

Shezmon 03-16-2010 01:46 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen as you guys know we always kept discussing about third party warranties for 06's. Man recently i had purchased this 06 M5, a late production and also put up the pics in a some previous thread. Well lets get to the point. I been so worried about not having any warranty on the car, so i thought i'd just buy a newer M5 that is also CPOed on top of that. I called up this place this morning in Jersey. Ray Catena BMW and inquired about the 08 M5 they had going for low 60's and was a CPO. I told them that i had a trade in. She took all the info of my M5 that i was suppose to trade in and after an hour or so called me back and said "you wanted to trade in your 06 cuz of expired warranty right?" i was like "yea".. She said "but i see your car is a CPO vehicle dat is good through June 2012. I paused and took a deep breath..hahaha. Man she assured me that she was right. My even freakin used car dealer didn't know that who sold me the car. So i called other dealers and made sure. YES IT IS A CPO vehicle.. Its like a Hit a Jack Pot...
Check yours, u never know..
Time to rock n roll.. NO more Worries for this car.

pjinca 03-16-2010 01:50 PM

Man, similar thing happened to me - when I bought my car (CPO) they kept trying to sell me the extended maintenance package and I said no. They told me "oil change alone is like $200", I still said no. Next time I had a little issue I took it to my local dealer (not the one I bought from) and they said they would do a few maint items for me. I said "how much?" they said "nothing, you have maintenance until 06/2011" I was THRILLED!!!! So congrats on your "winning" :twoup:

Krozi 03-16-2010 02:09 PM

Thats a really nice surprise! :lol:

Aartsy19 03-17-2010 04:00 AM

CPO? Explain....

v_therussian 03-17-2010 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aartsy19 (Post 1131132)
CPO? Explain....

In the States, BMW provides additional warranty on used vehicles that extends the warranty to 6yrs/100k miles from new, whichever comes first.

CPO=Certified Pre-Owned.

Usually, what happens is cars that come back from leasing programs would get sorted and the best examples would then be certified through a series of tests and necessary repairs. When the certification is complete, the dealer gets the CPO warranty coverage registered to the vehicle and sells the car at a premium. Or something to the extent :D

Aartsy19 03-17-2010 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by v_therussian (Post 1131135)
In the States, BMW provides additional warranty on used vehicles that extends the warranty to 6yrs/100k miles from new, whichever comes first.

CPO=Certified Pre-Owned.

Usually, what happens is cars that come back from leasing programs would get sorted and the best examples would then be certified through a series of tests and necessary repairs. When the certification is complete, the dealer gets the CPO warranty coverage registered to the vehicle and sells the car at a premium. Or something to the extent :D

So very similar to this " Pre-owned/Certified Series " they sell here in Canada. They wont do a BMW extended warranty on my car because its a US import, and the 3rd party warranty is 5KCAN (4900US) INSANE. :hyper:

Thanks for explaination.

Aartsy

v_therussian 03-17-2010 04:28 AM

4900US for an M5 warranty is not THAT outrageous, actually...

NC916 03-17-2010 04:45 AM

Mines an 05 530 still under warranty till 2011, wonder if I can still extend my warranty. I have the warranty that covers everything to oil change to changing my brakes for free any idea how much it would cost to extend it if possible?

BMWPower06 03-17-2010 04:54 AM

makes me wonder if I should call and enquire :D

Aartsy19 03-17-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by v_therussian (Post 1131149)
4900US for an M5 warranty is not THAT outrageous, actually...

Check my other thread and commment based on what you see... i need adice ASAP on this.. :twoup:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/928...nty-for-06-m5/