E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

ASR exhaust appreciation

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

So for a year i had been trying to get an exhaust for my M. I had heard Meisterschaft, RPI GT, GTS, Eisenmann race, and various other brands. I liked some over the other, all of them at least over the stock exhaust. I was getting dragged on more towards the RPI since the proven gains and feedback from fellow enthusiasts.
That is when i strolled around this thread on M5 board and went through like 20 pages of pure toe to toe discussion, of opinions and results from members with RPI system and ASR system. Prior to this i had never heard of ASR. Boy did i learn some things?.. YES. Its totally an opinion on what kind of exhaust anyone would like. Rpi and ASR had both shown proven gains and are pretty much even. None better than the other.
I pulled the trigger on a slightly used ASR gen 3 exhaust system Type R from a member off of m5 board. Let me tell you its screams from the bottoms of the hell .. I instantly noticed the power gain. I only had it on for a day and it has already turned heads all over and even my wife said that she loved it. . I'll feed everyone back with more as i get to experience more of it. The sound that it makes in the tunnels is intoxicating. I am very happy with my purchase.
p.s: My intention is not to put any manufacturer on the spot for any reason. I can only say thank you for being out there for us.
Happy motoring...
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Glad you like the exhaust. ASR and RPI systems had been the top two out there. If only those guys weren't such crooks. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Glad you like the exhaust. ASR and RPI systems had been the top two out there. If only those guys weren't such crooks. :thumbsdown:
Tony what makes you say that? can you please chime in. This board is all about freedom and knowledge.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shezmon
Tony what makes you say that? can you please chime in. This board is all about freedom and knowledge.
I thought you already knew but just sharing your opinion of the exhaust itself and not of the vendor.

Here are three issues I've seen on M5Board:
1) They had several cases of failing to meet customer expectations and supposedly owed refunds that they never took care of. There were several threads about this from people in Europe, Indonesia..etc...
2) They had a group buy for the Gen III exhaust and bunch of people apparently put in deposits and never got their exhaust.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-...group-buy.html
3) Two members (M5Ranger and M5 Junky) gave ASR their M5s to develope a twin turbo system and it has gone over two years and nothing came out of it. Abid (owner of ASR) got money from those two members and kept giving false promises and deadlines and nothing happened. The cars were taken apart and only recently did M5 Junky get his car back. I think in pieces too. Not sure about M5Ranger. See the thread below towards the end. ASR is no longer a sponsor on M5Board.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...m5-update.html
Old 01-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Damn, if that doesn't spell crook, I don't know what else does.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

yea i read all this pretty much around same time that i asked you. ASR has been quite a pain, i am glad that i bought my exhaust from a member and didnot tied up my money with the manufacturer. As far as RPI... I believe they're stand up guys neway... From your statement above it sounds like your including ASR and Rpi both in the same bracket?..
Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

I told you so congrats keV it's siiiiiccccckkkkk. Politics aside the exhaust is still top notch even though Abid is a steaming pile of dogshit. He'll get his in the end. Unfortunately many people got screwed in the process. That aside I love the ASR exhaust!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Shezmon
yea i read all this pretty much around same time that i asked you. ASR has been quite a pain, i am glad that i bought my exhaust from a member and didnot tied up my money with the manufacturer. As far as RPI... I believe they're stand up guys neway... From your statement above it sounds like your including ASR and Rpi both in the same bracket?..
No... RPI is NOT in the same bucket. And Tony would be the LAST person who would ever say so RPI rocks! And Tony's comment above was regarding ASR only.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AngelSlayer
No... RPI is NOT in the same bucket. And Tony would be the LAST person who would ever say so RPI rocks! And Tony's comment above was regarding ASR only.
+1 Sorry if my post was confusing. I have nothing but good things to say about RPI.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

I have starting to be on the BAD side of the neighbors. .. Plus i live in an apartment community... cuz my wife didn't like the house that i have in the City.

Quick Reply: ASR exhaust appreciation