E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Anyone see this video.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

That looked like fun. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

I guess nobody else wants to play! but I'm like most here...safety first....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='529781' date='Feb 10 2008, 10:10 PM
Alex.br, I have to say, you're insane! I know you probably don't care what I have to say but no matter, you really need to take that to a track where you're not endangering innocent people!

Now, without condoning the behavior that I just chastised, I must say that the sound of that car was awesome! Also, to the SMG naysayers...there's no way any of you "clutchy boys" could keep up with that stuff...

Okay, back to being serious -- Alex, I really am disappointed that you did that on public roads. As I was watching it, I kept thinking that the driver was being really selfish and stupid. I was quite surprised and bummed out when I read the credits and saw that it was you! :thumbsdown:

Please go rent a racetrack and have as much fun as possible -- and post that video on YouTube for all of us to enjoy!

P.S. -- I suspect that it's possible that the video was sped up just a tad. Either way, it's not cool.

+1 for Rudy, I could not have said it better about SMG
Old 02-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='529740' date='Feb 10 2008, 08:29 PM
Ha! That's more like your style of driving Chris!

Actually, that's member Alex.br who is a member on this site.
I can sure see you going for M5 now after that one. Just think, you can haev just as much fun too, driving on the 135, N. State, or LIE
Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Senior Members

You have to give the car and the driver respect for that. He deffinitly knows, the in's and out's of his car, (which is very crucial), it's limits, how fast it excellerates, and the amount of braking power that car has.

You can go dipping in and out of traffice not knowing you car, it's length, and not even one hesitation. You hesitate once, it's all over. I think Alex is a great driver, and that's not somthign everyone can not do. It's one thing to be crazy and reckless. It's another to do it, and be smart about it.

I guess it's a European (non-american) thing, because I don't see many american boys driving like this. I deffinitly don't see amercan muscle driving like this either.

SMG by far, is no joke, and nothing to be fooled with. +1 for Alex...we need to hook up some time
Old 02-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Wow there was one close call in that video...

Was that helicopter off to your starboard side during the last frames "live feeding" the footage to your local news station? Not quite a white Bronco...
Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='529857' date='Feb 11 2008, 01:36 AM
You've never driven in Brazil, I take it. They all pretend they're Ayrton Senna or Nelson Piquet down there -- they're crazy drivers!
Come on Rudy. They can drive as aggressively as they like but none of the cars on that road can keep up with an M5.
I've not driven in Brazil but I've driven all over Italy and the States. I did learn to drive in NYC and there are no better teachers for aggressive driving than cabbies in NY. I ride a street-bike in the city and know all about weaving and dodging through traffic. I've hit 70MPH mid day on 6th Ave, if you have an appreciation for that means. (Knowing full well how very stupid that is.)
The one thing I can tell you is its much easier to do that sort of thing when you can outperform anything and everything on the road. He'd have a far harder time of it if you threw in a few AMG's and a few Porsches.

As for SMG353's comment about this kind of driving being a European thing, I would have to agree for most of the Country. I'm just surprised that being from Nassau County NY he doesn't see it. Just get on the LIE, Sprain Brook, Belt Parkway or most any other decent road past midnight and watch the German and Tuned Japanese cars weave through at silly speeds.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by gene1' post='529939' date='Feb 11 2008, 10:41 AM
Come on Rudy. They can drive as aggressively as they like but none of the cars on that road can keep up with an M5.
I've not driven in Brazil but I've driven all over Italy and the States. I did learn to drive in NYC and there are no better teachers for aggressive driving than cabbies in NY. I ride a street-bike in the city and know all about weaving and dodging through traffic. I've hit 70MPH mid day on 6th Ave, if you have an appreciation for that means. (Knowing full well how very stupid that is.)
The one thing I can tell you is its much easier to do that sort of thing when you can outperform anything and everything on the road. He'd have a far harder time of it if you threw in a few AMG's and a few Porsches.
Okay, so they pretend they're Ayrton or Nelson in their little Ford Fiestas!

(I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just pointing out the fact that they drive like crazy people down there...)
Old 02-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

massively sped up video though... slow it down, i bet it doesn't look anywhere near as dangerous as you all think.. prob not much diff to what we do on accasion.

note though, how when you speed up the tape, the engine sounds exactly like an F1 car?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JayEll' post='530986' date='Feb 13 2008, 03:10 PM
massively sped up video though... slow it down, i bet it doesn't look anywhere near as dangerous as you all think.. prob not much diff to what we do on accasion.

note though, how when you speed up the tape, the engine sounds exactly like an F1 car?
So you think the sound is a fake, not the car itself?