E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

336 Km/h M5?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005 | 04:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='217376
Originally Posted by Stealthblue' post='212922' date='Dec 18 2005, 06:02 PM
[quote name='BetterMakeWay' post='212811' date='Dec 18 2005, 10:26 AM']
Those are all risks and of course there is a slim chance for smth to go wrong but it's little chance. If your faint hearted your better in a bus! Even there your not so safe. Let's be realistic....i've seen wheelez at 250km/h. I've seen worse things and experienced alot more scary things.
Nope, not faint hearted... just giving my light opinion into why the video might have been scary- per a comment above mine! Now about realizing the risks, that IS being realistic! It is true most of the times WE do not take into account all the risks when driving fast, but they ARE there. And they are not as rare as a meteor hitting our head. (Among these is that some tires are not designed to reach those speeds...) I guess we can agree in the plausible base of stream's fears, that there are a few more risks of going fast in a motorcycle than in a car? (Less stability, no chassis to protect you if something goes wrong,etc.). We are in the M5 forum... No bus for me . Trust me on that one.
You have a point! Have you ever ridden a bike btw?!
I have but not at those speeds. I reached 180 km/h and then backed off since i didn't have the licence yet and had little experience. Then i had a bike accident at low speeds (no protection whatsoever) and then quit the 2 wheels 4 ever but that's another story. From my narrow experience and from what others told me that passed 300km/h on their bikes is that the most feared incident that may happen when ridding at very high speeds is to be forced suddenly to brake hard to avoid an obstacle. Most of the deaths on bikes occur due to that kind of circumstance (ex: car made a U turn without checking the mirrors---biker had too much speed and couldn't brake on time to avoid the collision or biker couldn't brake on time when car in front of him braked at max, or biker couldn't brake on time ao avoid a big hole in the road or whatever). Most of those friends of mine told me that they have never heard or experienced a tire blow on their bikes and are quite confident in their tries. Most of the tires that equipp top model superbikes are made to rezist 300km/h quite effortlessly. Michelin Pilot is a good example if i remember correctly. Indeed there are alot more risks when ridding a bike, ALOT more but hey from what they told me, the bikes are made in such ways that at 300km/h the bikes glues to the road like it is on rails and bare in mind that on a good bike 300km/h is easy to achive.
If smth goes wrong on a bike at 300km/h there's not much you can do to save your ass. But hey what if smth goes wrong in a car at 300km/h. I think in most of the cases your still toasted even with the fact that your protected in a body shell with all sorts of airbags and safety measures. I've hit a tree at 160km/h and i saw what pain is...and nearly died in an accident like that hitting a tree with that speed. At 300km/h it quite doesn't matter what you hit in a car...you are doomed anyway. So in conclusion, even though it's not good to think like that, and it's the best to always be cautious and drive moderately, IF shit happens at 300+km/h in a car or on a bike then only a miracle would save you.
[/quote]

All what is said... I think You are... well... maybe You don't mean all what You say.

I think that I have test top speed of every thing I have had, but still... No offence!

Skaffa
[/quote]
What do you mean? Can you be more specific? I can't understand too much from what you say there....
Old 01-02-2006 | 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 Titanium-Grey, Leather Dakota Black, 525d, Steptronic, Navi Prof & TV, Voice Input, Panorama ceiling, Xenon with dir, etc

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='217435
Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='213366' date='Dec 20 2005, 12:58 AM
[quote name='Stealthblue' post='212922' date='Dec 18 2005, 06:02 PM']
[quote name='BetterMakeWay' post='212811' date='Dec 18 2005, 10:26 AM']
Those are all risks and of course there is a slim chance for smth to go wrong but it's little chance. If your faint hearted your better in a bus! Even there your not so safe. Let's be realistic....i've seen wheelez at 250km/h. I've seen worse things and experienced alot more scary things.
Nope, not faint hearted... just giving my light opinion into why the video might have been scary- per a comment above mine! Now about realizing the risks, that IS being realistic! It is true most of the times WE do not take into account all the risks when driving fast, but they ARE there. And they are not as rare as a meteor hitting our head. (Among these is that some tires are not designed to reach those speeds...) I guess we can agree in the plausible base of stream's fears, that there are a few more risks of going fast in a motorcycle than in a car? (Less stability, no chassis to protect you if something goes wrong,etc.). We are in the M5 forum... No bus for me . Trust me on that one.
You have a point! Have you ever ridden a bike btw?!
I have but not at those speeds. I reached 180 km/h and then backed off since i didn't have the licence yet and had little experience. Then i had a bike accident at low speeds (no protection whatsoever) and then quit the 2 wheels 4 ever but that's another story. From my narrow experience and from what others told me that passed 300km/h on their bikes is that the most feared incident that may happen when ridding at very high speeds is to be forced suddenly to brake hard to avoid an obstacle. Most of the deaths on bikes occur due to that kind of circumstance (ex: car made a U turn without checking the mirrors---biker had too much speed and couldn't brake on time to avoid the collision or biker couldn't brake on time when car in front of him braked at max, or biker couldn't brake on time ao avoid a big hole in the road or whatever). Most of those friends of mine told me that they have never heard or experienced a tire blow on their bikes and are quite confident in their tries. Most of the tires that equipp top model superbikes are made to rezist 300km/h quite effortlessly. Michelin Pilot is a good example if i remember correctly. Indeed there are alot more risks when ridding a bike, ALOT more but hey from what they told me, the bikes are made in such ways that at 300km/h the bikes glues to the road like it is on rails and bare in mind that on a good bike 300km/h is easy to achive.
If smth goes wrong on a bike at 300km/h there's not much you can do to save your ass. But hey what if smth goes wrong in a car at 300km/h. I think in most of the cases your still toasted even with the fact that your protected in a body shell with all sorts of airbags and safety measures. I've hit a tree at 160km/h and i saw what pain is...and nearly died in an accident like that hitting a tree with that speed. At 300km/h it quite doesn't matter what you hit in a car...you are doomed anyway. So in conclusion, even though it's not good to think like that, and it's the best to always be cautious and drive moderately, IF shit happens at 300+km/h in a car or on a bike then only a miracle would save you.
[/quote]

All what is said... I think You are... well... maybe You don't mean all what You say.

I think that I have test top speed of every thing I have had, but still... No offence!

Skaffa
[/quote]
What do you mean? Can you be more specific? I can't understand too much from what you say there....
[/quote]
Old 01-02-2006 | 02:11 PM
Contributors

I noticed a little yellow light on the dash board..does not like an M5 to me.
Old 01-03-2006 | 07:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='218416' date='Jan 2 2006, 06:11 PM
I noticed a little yellow light on the dash board..does not like an M5 to me.

This car is a M6.

It was me who posted the two videos on the m5board.

The first video is in A1 Porto-Lisboa and the second on the A2 Lisboa-Algarve near the toll.

The bikes that he raced were the CBR1000 and the Suzuki GSX1000.

The car is de-limited and is doing almost 340km/h checked by the GPS.
Old 01-03-2006 | 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Outstanding!

What kind of delimiting device is installed?
Old 01-04-2006 | 02:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cidair' post='218762' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:48 PM
Outstanding!

What kind of delimiting device is installed?
I didn't understand very well the meaning of your question. You want to know how the limiters were removed?

The limiters were removed only by electronic process of re-mapping the ECU. No chips were welded and there are no physical evidences of being touched (the ECU) due to the warranty.

Also the power remained the same. Only limiters were removed.

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 01-04-2006 | 12:50 PM
Senior Members

I was just wondering which company did it?

I had mine removed at BMW, but then you get " only " 305 km/h!
Old 01-04-2006 | 02:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cidair' post='219204' date='Jan 4 2006, 04:50 PM
I was just wondering which company did it?

I had mine removed at BMW, but then you get " only " 305 km/h!
Sorry, didn't understand that way.

This M6 had the limiters removed by Vilauto ( www.vilauto.com ).

It is one of the BMW dealers for the northeast Portugal. The owner is a automotive enginner with a degree in automotive electronics. He runs apart of the stand a chip tuning company.

Sorry for the bad english.
Old 01-04-2006 | 03:45 PM
Contributors

Wow, those are some speeds. 305->190mph and 340->211mph. Sounds like you got the shaft Cidair .

Wonder where we could do that in the states. Maybe have to do Euro Delivery on an M5.
Old 01-07-2006 | 12:48 PM
Senior Members

I think Active.... something in MIAMI does it?

Quick Reply: 336 Km/h M5?!