E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

2006 BMW iDrive/CCC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 01:57 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5
Default 2006 BMW iDrive/CCC Problem

Here goes the series of events..

About a month ago when I got in my car and started it up I got an error message
NO SOS then I noticed that I had
No sound
No time
iDrive wasn't working BUT...
I could push in the volume knob and see the sound and no sound button pop up on my screen, the cd and dvd would both eject the cds so I know the system wasnt completely frozen. I did the reset where you push the volume and both eject buttons and it reset the idrive and it fixed itself ok nbd probably something stupid Im thinking...

NOW 2 days later I was cleaning my car (I'm psychotic and I take out rear seats to vacuum) and I noticed a bit of water under the back seat driver side so I began to dig further and check under the rear driver side carpet sure enough there was water there as well not too much but enough and most of it was soaked up into the foam of the carpet, I then started taking apart the front and didnt see anything under the front carpet on the driver side, it was a little moist but nothing near what the back seat was like I figure it may have just traveled up.

I began doing my research and the next day I found out my rear sunroof drain on the driver side was clogged and as I unclogged it the water poured out for a few seconds, I was all excited I fixed this problem without anything getting ruined, yayyy but NO

About a week later I get in my car same thing, No Sos, sound etc.. I checked the trunk after doing more research and was reading about a MPM module but my car only had a PDC and antenna thing in the trunk and was dry as the desert....
My car has been doing this for the past 2 weeks now, sometimes twice a day and I have to reset it, sometimes wont do it at all.

I noticed that this problem only happens when I start my car up, never resets or freezes while Im driving and I've taken multiple 2-3 hour trips since the first time this happened.
I've also seen that when I shut my car off my radio doesn't go off until I hit the lock button on my key, and the idrive says "Radio Mode On" when I shut my car off. My radio does take a few seconds to boot up...

2 Days ago I remembered when i bought the car the previous owner told me he had something hooked up to the system, so I decided to pull out the radio and noticed he had like a aftermarket harness tapped into the back of it(kind of like an aftermarket radio harness) but the wires were all clipped at the ends so i removed that and cleaned up all the wires, went in the trunk and don't know how I missed this but I have a NAPA battery in there, I tested voltage and it seems fine but I did the battery reset for an hour and now the car seems fine. When I get in the car the radio comes on instantly and now shuts off instantly when I shut my car off...

I left the navigation disc out because I read online somewhere that a scratched DVD can cause all these problems but who knows... Anybody have this issue, are there any computers under the carpets that I may have missed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, crossing my fingers I dont need a new CCC unit....
Text Me if your local and want to help me work this issue out... 718.801.6843