E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your opinion on CIC

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 525xi Alpine White

I just wanted to know some opinions on the CIC retrofit. Its pretty popular now and it does seem nice.

My concern is how worthwhile it is. I'm probably in one of the worst situations as far as the system goes... No nav, small 6 5" screen, etc. Just basic MASK unit on a MY2006. So this would give me a really big difference if I were to do it.

But my two main thoughts are...

How will it depreciate after I sell the car in 1, 2, maybe 3 years and sell the system?

Are there better ideas to work on?
---I need new tires soon - wheels and tires could be an option
---Modmynav type alternative
---Folding mirrors (my car might be made just before this was easy to retrofit though)
---Other ideas unrelated to idrive??

I understand what goes into the install completely and that's not the concern, its just if its worth the swap, in my particular situation...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

With the CIC being a nearly $4k project, I would say go spend that money on a body kit, and wheels.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

If you keeping the car for at least 2 more years i think is worth it. I was just like you, M-ask unit, no nav so for me it was a huge upgrade. Also keep in mind that ive pretty much done every mod before i did the CIC retrofit.

If you dont have wheels and body kit, i suggest doing those first unless you a gadget freak.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Members

So after a ton of thinking and a ton of research I decided to go with the CIC. I got the combox as well so it should be worth it since I have almost none of these features now.

I found a lot of really interesting stuff out there, a lot misleading and a lot really informative - it's hard to figure out which you're finding though...

I'll definitely be updating with this as it comes along
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Slyncka,
Congrats on making this choice. It will be probably one of the more expensive mods you'll do on your E60 but if you keep the car for more than 2-3 years, it's totally worth it in my opinion. Especially since you added the Combox to the mix. As Nelson, by the time I did the CiC mod I had already done many other mods such as the ones you listed. If the cash flow remains after CiC then continue on with the Mtech kit etc.

A modmynav backup camera is definitely in my todo list for the future also. Something else you can ask Patryk about.

Good luck with the CiC upgrade. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Contributors

I found a lot of really interesting stuff out there, a lot misleading and a lot really informative - it's hard to figure out which you're finding though...
Bdw,
I'm sure you already have but in the unlikely event you havnt seen this thread, it's probably one of the most informative ones in our forums relative to the Cizc mod.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...1#entry1184214
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Members

I have seen that and its definitely a great write up.

And you're right, without the combox I wasn't sure about it but all the options it adds are what made my choice for me. I'm looking forward to it.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you already install the CIC ?

do you have any pictures of the comversion, i also have ordered the CIC + combox from patryk and already know it's worth the while
Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Contributors

mathiasc,
The thread I posted above has a multitude of pictures on the conversions. It will however be a long read:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...1#entry1184214

Here also are just a very few of the pictures I took during this upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails Your opinion on CIC-cic001.jpg   Your opinion on CIC-cic01.jpg   Your opinion on CIC-idrive09d.jpg   Your opinion on CIC-lci_climatec01.jpg   Your opinion on CIC-combox1.jpg  

Your opinion on CIC-combox_02b.jpg  
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mathiasc
did you already install the CIC ?

do you have any pictures of the comversion, i also have ordered the CIC + combox from patryk and already know it's worth the while
Everything is installed and working, and yes I took a ton of pictures. I just have to organize them so I can post them.

Quick Reply: Your opinion on CIC