E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Yet another angel eyes thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 E60 550i

Hey guys,

New user here, been lurking for about a month, but didn't post. First things first, I must say that you've got an awesome forum! Tons of helpful information.

I've bought a sweet 550i about 6 months ago, '06 model, with less than 33k miles on it, tons of extras. The previous owner has already upgraded the head and tail lights to LCI (OEM Hella I believe) and the LCM as well, so I've got DRL. Will be looking to retrofit a bluetooth module, as this is the thing I miss the most right now.

I've already ordered an interior LED upgrade + LED license plate lights from John@Motorcepts, will post HQ pics once installed. I'm also looking to upgrade the AEs, but I just can't make up my mind on what to buy. The HID AEs that John sells look a bit too bright for my taste. I'm looking for something that is as close as possible to the OEM AEs on the new models (new E70 for example). I've looked at pics of HID AEs, Mtec v2.1, 3W from Trinity, but I can't really make a pick. It would really help if some of you that have already gone through this process could post some pics (before/after) and opinions on their upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know the AE topic has already been discussed, but I would appreciate some opinions on this.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

The Orion V2 seems like your best bet.

You wont regret it !
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Members

I see that you have the v2s installed, do you happen to have pics? Both day/night time would be best if possible

Thanks

P.S. These require to open up the entire headlight to install?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am for the Orions as well, but realistically though, I don't recommend it for people that isn't comfortable with the work involved.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

i have angel ibrights V3 - amber

:l

i like the amber cause it can still be visible when my headlights are on

they look great... match the brows of the headlights prefectly
Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

To the original poster, You've got a 2006 550i, so HID angel eyes it not an option. You're best bet is to get Orion V2's, if you are willing to do the work.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Cinder
Hey guys,

New user here, been lurking for about a month, but didn't post. First things first, I must say that you've got an awesome forum! Tons of helpful information.

I've bought a sweet 550i about 6 months ago, '06 model, with less than 33k miles on it, tons of extras. The previous owner has already upgraded the head and tail lights to LCI (OEM Hella I believe) and the LCM as well, so I've got DRL. Will be looking to retrofit a bluetooth module, as this is the thing I miss the most right now.

I've already ordered an interior LED upgrade + LED license plate lights from John@Motorcepts, will post HQ pics once installed. I'm also looking to upgrade the AEs, but I just can't make up my mind on what to buy. The HID AEs that John sells look a bit too bright for my taste. I'm looking for something that is as close as possible to the OEM AEs on the new models (new E70 for example). I've looked at pics of HID AEs, Mtec v2.1, 3W from Trinity, but I can't really make a pick. It would really help if some of you that have already gone through this process could post some pics (before/after) and opinions on their upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know the AE topic has already been discussed, but I would appreciate some opinions on this.
You only have 2 options.
1) Quick and easy replacement
You've already listed some choices however, let me muddy the waters for you (or make them more clear).
ICE Lite - is the single brightest plug and play system available. We call it LITE because we only offer a 1 year warranty on it, but everyone that has installed it has said it's brighter than their Mtech V2 and V2.1 and also brighter than our very own ICE V3

ICE V3 - as bright as the V2.1 from MTech - but has a lifetime warranty.

2) One of the harder installs around
Orion V2 - Your best bet is to search for threads started by THERACERBOSS (see below) and follow his guide for install step by step along with our own. If you are handy, this is the best mod you can do on the lights for angel eyes and will be brighter and more vibrant than the factory's own new LED units.

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
The Orion V2 seems like your best bet.

You wont regret it !

Just got more in stock thanks to your post/thread, we ran out.

Originally Posted by Cinder
I see that you have the v2s installed, do you happen to have pics? Both day/night time would be best if possible

Thanks

P.S. These require to open up the entire headlight to install?
You can see literally thousands of pictures and videos on our www.facebook.com/umnitza page, www.youtube.com/umnitza, and our very own soon to be redesigned web site - www.umnitza.com <-- photos and gallery page.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I am for the Orions as well, but realistically though, I don't recommend it for people that isn't comfortable with the work involved.
Agreed, not for everyone, only for the elite.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
To the original poster, You've got a 2006 550i, so HID angel eyes it not an option. You're best bet is to get Orion V2's, if you are willing to do the work.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Once the M5 mirrors are on, My car is going to have its pictures !
Ohh yeah, that Lip Spoiler just came in, wondering if I need to get the bumper out to install that.

If I have nothing to do, I just stant and stare at my car (lol) and think of other ideas. Moreover, now I have my friends drive my car around and I drive their car cuz my car is so damn cool that when I see it from a third persons view I love it even more

I get SO MANY COMPLIMENTS !

Wish I had an M5 or atleast a V8 550i but I am sure to pull the trigger on one of them in 3 years, but only after I buy a house.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Hey Umnitza,
If Tim would not have given me that good deal on thanksgiving that I waited 4 months for, I would never have bought the Orion V2's.
Do thank Tim again from my side and say I love those angel eyes.

Umnitza Rocks !

The Orion V2's are the BEST mod I ever DID.
This mod tried my patience, freaked me out, made me think to be more Innovative and wallah

The results were FANTASTIC

When I pull in for gas at night time, people just stick the pump nozzle in their cars and turn around to STARE at my car !
What more can you ask for after putting all that money and effort
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Members

Probably a noob question, but still, given that I have LCI lights and the LCM upgraded, why shouldn't I be able to install HID lights? I'm going to get an error on the OBC or they won't start?

A couple of pics of the head/tail lights:

I know, the car's dirty as hell and the image quality sucks

god_003, do you have pics of your setup?

umnitza, thanks a lot for the reply. I'm not really a fan of opening up the entire headlight and the Orions seem too bright for my taste, so I guess they're out of the equation. The ICE LITEs look more like what I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: Yet another angel eyes thread