E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

wtb mtech front lip + add on or m5

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone make a replica mtech + add on lip?
replica m5 + lip? dont want to spend too much money for the real deal.

i know trinity and utmiza or whatever have the bumper but its pointless to me w/ out the extra hamman lip.
wondering if anyone has made the add on yet.....

anyone make the rear w/ removable/ difuser?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Members

hellllloooo??
Old 06-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Have you tried searching at all or are you simply waiting for someone to throw you a bone?

your first question is pretty vague, but if I understand it correctly you want a lip for your stock bumper that looks like the hamman lip for the Mtech?

Here's your answer

the answer is NO. Hamann does make a front lip for the stock bumper but its ugly and resembles nothing that the Mtech does

And your second question?? "the rear with the removable diffuser"? I'm assuming you're referring to the Mtech rear correct? Cuz if it's the stock bumper you're referring to than my answer to that is again??.NO.

If you want a cheap front lip to add onto your front bumper just go on Ebay and type in acs front lip and you will get a crap load of results. In my opinion I would be a little more patient and just save a little more to get a replica front from Trinity, but to each is own. I just think the rep lips and even OG lips out there look cheap and ugly. Unless you get an Alpina front lip, which I believe one is posted in the private member classifieds
Old 06-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vroomvroom
does anyone make a replica mtech + add on lip?
replica m5 + lip? dont want to spend too much money for the real deal.

i know trinity and utmiza or whatever have the bumper but its pointless to me w/ out the extra hamman lip.
wondering if anyone has made the add on yet.....

anyone make the rear w/ removable/ difuser?
Umnitza does carry a front lip for their M5tech front bumper...seach or pm Umnitza; I believe they will carry the Mtech rep in the near future and from what they're saying, you pretty much can use any front Mtech lip with this bumper since it's an exact replica of the Mtech. Will have to confirm this once the bumper actually gets here first.

As for the rear with removable diffuser, I haven't read much about it but you can always search to confirmm it or email the vendors directly.

As DD mentioned earlier, search and you will find out. Make sure you type in "+" in front of each word you're searching. The search feature here is a bit different than other forums that I've been to.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Have you tried searching at all or are you simply waiting for someone to throw you a bone?

your first question is pretty vague, but if I understand it correctly you want a lip for your stock bumper that looks like the hamman lip for the Mtech?

Here's your answer

the answer is NO. Hamann does make a front lip for the stock bumper but its ugly and resembles nothing that the Mtech does

And your second question?? "the rear with the removable diffuser"? I'm assuming you're referring to the Mtech rear correct? Cuz if it's the stock bumper you're referring to than my answer to that is again??.NO.

If you want a cheap front lip to add onto your front bumper just go on Ebay and type in acs front lip and you will get a crap load of results. In my opinion I would be a little more patient and just save a little more to get a replica front from Trinity, but to each is own. I just think the rep lips and even OG lips out there look cheap and ugly. Unless you get an Alpina front lip, which I believe one is posted in the private member classifieds
u got everything wrong. cant u see the + ?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Umnitza does carry a front lip for their M5tech front bumper...seach or pm Umnitza; I believe they will carry the Mtech rep in the near future and from what they're saying, you pretty much can use any front Mtech lip with this bumper since it's an exact replica of the Mtech. Will have to confirm this once the bumper actually gets here first.

As for the rear with removable diffuser, I haven't read much about it but you can always search to confirmm it or email the vendors directly.

As DD mentioned earlier, search and you will find out. Make sure you type in "+" in front of each word you're searching. The search feature here is a bit different than other forums that I've been to.
thanks for not being a d***. u answered all my questions. i hate forum snobs... its just a question gosh... obviously i checked or i wouldn't have posted a post. im going to pm umnitza now.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by vroomvroom
thanks for not being a d***. u answered all my questions. i hate forum snobs... its just a question gosh... obviously i checked or i wouldn't have posted a post. im going to pm umnitza now.

if devildawg712 was being a d***/snob, he would have just told you to search and then not taken the time to write such a lengthy post, whether or not he answered your question correctly is not the point here. And it is somewhat hard to really tell if you did check or not, which is why it was suggested to do so. How we choose to interpret statements made on an online discussion board has a huge effect on how we choose to react to them. As both members previously stated, a simple and thorough search might have gotten you the answer a bit faster.

a few threads regarding this forums search function and how to use it efficiently:

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1296455

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1312847

http://forums.5serie...w-do-you-search

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1307082

glad you were able to get the info you needed, may you continue to do so independently and from other members here...

gene

btw: found a pic of the umnitza splitter for their rep m5 bumper:

http://forums.5serie...__1#entry931757

***AFAIK, this is the only splitter available for the rep m5 front bumpers
Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Yo my bad vroom vroom. From what I can see you got upset from the tone in my post. I wasnt trying to be a dick but you're right and I hate forum snobs too. However, your sentiments regarding my answer works both ways. Don't be so sensitive man and jump to conclusions thinking everyone our to get u. And Gene's right. If I wanted to be an a$$ I would have simply left the the link there for you and said something stupid.

Whatever tho. Sorry I gave you the wrong information. Good luck with your search.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Yo my bad vroom vroom. From what I can see you got upset from the tone in my post. I wasnt trying to be a dick but you're right and I hate forum snobs too. However, your sentiments regarding my answer works both ways. Don't be so sensitive man and jump to conclusions thinking everyone our to get u. And Gene's right. If I wanted to be an a$$ I would have simply left the the link there for you and said something stupid.

Whatever tho. Sorry I gave you the wrong information. Good luck with your search.
for sure man... just having a shitty day. didnt meant to be a snob myself.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

if devildawg712 was being a d***/snob, he would have just told you to search and then not taken the time to write such a lengthy post, whether or not he answered your question correctly is not the point here. And it is somewhat hard to really tell if you did check or not, which is why it was suggested to do so. How we choose to interpret statements made on an online discussion board has a huge effect on how we choose to react to them. As both members previously stated, a simple and thorough search might have gotten you the answer a bit faster.

a few threads regarding this forums search function and how to use it efficiently:

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1296455

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1312847

http://forums.5serie...w-do-you-search

http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1307082

glad you were able to get the info you needed, may you continue to do so independently and from other members here...

gene

btw: found a pic of the umnitza splitter for their rep m5 bumper:

http://forums.5serie...__1#entry931757

***AFAIK, this is the only splitter available for the rep m5 front bumpers
thanks for the info. again, i was having a crappy day.

Quick Reply: wtb mtech front lip + add on or m5