E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

WOW!!!!! If you have a standard tranny this is a m

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Do you ever wanna slam gears (specially 1st to 2nd) but can't because your dammmm clutch is so sensitive. Ever in the car with your friends ripping it and you can't even slam gears like you used too... This is because BMW made clutches for newbies to drive!! - no joke!

Well the good news - now you can!! lol ... After a small tricky install (I wouldn't recommend this install unless you're very mechanically inclined)

A friend of mine bought this part off bavaut and got my mechanic to install it.. My mechanic had a look at the unlock valve and said all bavauto did was tap out the middle inside and it's exactly the same as OEM. (I'm not a mechanic so my explanation might be very rough- but I'll try)
Basically we have something BMW installs on every standard BImmer to insure we don't stall. However, for those of us who know how to drive and want to rip it can't for that exact reason.

After the install I went for a little cruise and told him I was impressed. However, after about a week of this install I'm having mug more fun transitioning from first to second! If you are readin this and have a standard Bimmer (3 or 5 series) look into getting this part installed! It is really phenomenal!!!

If you have any questions, even technical, I can ask my mechanic and get back to you...

For those of you in the Greater Toronto area and looking for a good mechanic he's located in Vaughan (keele & highway 7)
His work is superb and prices are beyond fair!

Below I pasted the more "detailed" description from Bavarian Auto..
Unlock the performance potential of your clutch. Most standard- transmission BMWs 96 on have what?s known as a "lock valve" that slows the flow of hydraulic fluid during shifting. Its purpose is to dampen the engagement of the clutch so that no matter how quickly you let the clutch pedal out, you can?t dump it -- great for teaching a 15- year-old how to shift, but frustrating as heck for skilled drivers. No matter how hard you try, you can?t shift crisply or avoid clutch slippage. (Parallel parking is a drag, and going from 1st into 2nd is so jerky, your passengers look at you funny... once their heads stop bobbing.) One way to fix this problem is to simply remove the lock valve and force the metal hydraulic lines together. But this can crimp your lines and cause an annoying rattle. A better way is to use our "unlock valve." It?s a BMW lock valve with the restrictor removed. You?ll enjoy crisper shifts while maintaining the proper distance between the metal hydraulic lines and brackets (no crimped lines and no rattles). Available for most BMWs 96 on with standard transmission.
Part Number Description Price Qty.
UNLOCK1
Bavarian Autosport Unlock Valve

$ 29.95

Product Instructions

Bavarian auto unlock valve (not sure why link doesn't paste with iPhone)
http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Purchased my modified CDV from Zeckhausen.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

This a very popular product among the E39 crowd.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by vkhong
Purchased my modified CDV from Zeckhausen.
Good desescriptive link ^
Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by socale39
This a very popular product among the E39 crowd.
yupp also very popular among the e46 m3 crowd
Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Yup that is called the clutch delay valve. I removed it on my E46 M3 and I replaced it with the drilled out one by Zeckhausen on my E60 545i. Makes a world of a difference .

You can remove it altogether but if your car is still under warranty and don't want to risk any warranty infringements, then I would suggest swapping it with the drilled one from Zeckhausen or bavauto.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

yeah most of the e46 crowd have this also.