E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Winter setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang - you're right. I'll probably go with an all-season like Pirelli Pzero M+S then. I need something to put on the OEM 18" rims, and none of the choices for winter tires seem that good.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Well I am settled for the winter. I just bought a very nice winterset on e-bay. I had my eye on the 17 inch wheels with a closed design. These are original BMW wheels with Dunlop tires and DSST for only 900 euros. I'm gonna pick them up in Germany myself so I am sure I will not be fooled.
The tires have 8,5 and 9 mms thread and have been used for 500 kms!! I'm really happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails Winter setup-8e_12_s.jpg  
Old 08-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

another one
Attached Thumbnails Winter setup-04_12_s.jpg  
Old 08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Contributors

last one
Attached Thumbnails Winter setup-b7_12_s.jpg  
Old 08-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

wow, what a great deal. can you find me one like that only more close to my home? that's incredible! (maybe with those savings I could afford a trip to Germany too!)
Old 08-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Contributors

The guy already e-mailed me with his home-adress.. He is selling another 7 sets of rims with wintertires. Unfortunately they are all for the E46, X5 or Mini. No more 5 series sets.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Contributors

If there any German forummembers from the region Saarbruecken or St. Ingbert. Can you point me to a nice hotel where I can stay during my visit there? Prefferably I would want a hotel in the centre of one of these cities so I can get out in the evening and have some dinner in a nice restaurant with my wife (or else she won't come with me :'( ).
Old 08-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Contributors

I'm planning in the weekend of 4 and 5 september or 11 and 12 september. I will use the 5-er since this is a businesstrip for me.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 30 2004, 11:27 PM
I'm planning in the weekend of 4 and 5 september or 11 and 12 september. I will use the 5-er since this is a businesstrip for me.
Spetember 4th you can meet with us and drive to Saarbruecken after...
Old 08-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Is it close to eachother???

Quick Reply: Winter setup