E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Window Tinting on E60

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Hey ummm I jsut got my new E60 tinted.. I also have a 745Li and I got that tinted to... They both seem to have the same problem... AM channels come in messed up... but thats they only problem i had with the tint FM comes in clear just like it always did and the remote works just fine.. so Good lucky but from me I would get w/e you feel will be better but ya I am satisfied
Attached Thumbnails Window Tinting on E60-dcp_0235.jpg  
Old 09-22-2004, 09:40 AM
JDN
Contributors

The only problem I had with Huper Optik was a characteristic rather than a problem. It takes it longer to cure all of the bubbles, but they do go away just as the installer said they would. He said six weeks and it took about three. YMMV.

Other than that, it is good unless you are trying to hide. You can see through it pretty easily.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Members

Mine is titanium tint
Dark in the back
Medium in the front

Picture of tint is below
Cost was $165

AM Station was staticky but not that bad

Took my car in Monday for oil change and software upgrade, my rep. just called and said AM is longer staticky - must be because of the software upgrade
Old 09-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Hey Silver530.

Your tint and wheel looks awsome. What brand is that? If you don't mind, how much did they cost?
Old 09-22-2004, 11:46 AM
MEH

RH,

Had my 545i tinted a week ago and opted to use "Formula One" ceramic tint. It is supposed to not interfere with the Radio and Remote Reception. It doesn't give me any problems and looks great.

I know it is available nationwide. I did a google on Formula One Perfomance Tint and did recieve a website, but it is down at this time. The parent company is solutia which does have a website.

I am in the DFW, Texas area. The two dealerships in Dallas use this place and this tint for their cars.

Cost was $395 with a lifetime guarantee. Pricey, compared to regular tint, but on my previous car, 98 GTP, the "supposed" 3M Panther tint started to bubble after 5 years. So, this stuff is not supposed to do that. We will see.

Good Luck!

MEH

Originally Posted by RH530' date='Aug 18 2004, 06:03 PM
I just talked to my dealer and a local tint-shop about getting the windows tinted on my E60.? The delaer claims I should be careful since some people have reported radio interference or their remote key not working properly after they had their windows tinted.? The tint-shop, of course, claims that's all bogus and they've never heard of a problem like that.

So, my question is, have you guys heard of any problems with window tinting and if so, what was it.? The tint-shop told me that they use "the best" tint (of course it's the best, if they carry it? ) and it contains something called "metal-flakes" -- that doesn't mean much to me but if someone has any insight into if that's good or not I'd appreciate some feedback on that.

I saw a lot of people on this board refer to Huper Optik tint -- what's so special about that one and why is it better than the one that the tint-shop told me about?

Any suggestions/answers would be appreciated -- thanks in advance.
[snapback]25869[/snapback]
Old 09-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Sep 22 2004, 01:29 PM
Hey Silver530.

Your tint and wheel looks awsome.? What brand is that? If you don't mind, how much did they cost?
[snapback]37034[/snapback]
Thank you for the compliment

Their Excel Binno at www.wheelmax.com
they were a package deal $1200 balanced and mounted free shipping
Old 09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I am a little shocked by the price, I mean $1,200 with shipping is just an amazing deal. A set of Michelin pilots are worth that! Are those quality rims? If there isn't anything wrong, I might be very interested in getting them too.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Sep 22 2004, 02:59 PM
I am a little shocked by the price, I mean $1,200 with shipping is just an amazing deal. A set of Michelin pilots are worth that!? Are those quality rims? If there isn't anything wrong, I might be very interested in getting them too.
[snapback]37058[/snapback]
Good quality rims i have hit 2 nice sized pot holes
and my wife hit one - no bends

but I bought it when they were over stock - the tires are continental just like the tires that it came with the car

Just check the price right now at wheel max and their back up to 1800

PS
What sucks is that I could have bought it for $900 but I was contemplating on which rims to buy, by the time I made up mind it was too late

Tires - 245-35-20 z rated
Old 09-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Senior Members

I tined my 525 and the clicker worked fine. My friend with a merc tined his and the clicker doesn't work. I think they may use infered
Old 09-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributors

Unhappy

Hey 530i, you're wheels do look great silver-on-silver!!! My question to the rest is, what is covered under the lifetime warranty, (and what's not)? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Window Tinting on E60