E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 Porsche Cayman S. Black on Black with Black tint. Sport (thicker) steering wheel, Heated Sport Seats, OEM Short Shifter, Clear Engine Cover. [b][u]SOLD! '08 550i 6SPD, Alpine White w/ OEM Carbon Fiber, Perforated Black leather, Anthracite Bamboo Trim[/u] full Sports Package with OEM Carbon Fiber Splitters and Diffuser, Cold Weather Package, Logic7, BMW Professional Nav, Heated/Ventilated 20 way Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Split Rear Seats, Comfort Access, iPod, PIAA Fog Lights, Xenon Match Interior Lighting, 12mm Rear Spacers, Gloss Black Model Designation, Carbon Fiber Door Pillar Covers, AngeliBrights (temporary set in place), ACS Style CF Diffuser, RDSport Quad conversion. RPI scoop (black) [u]2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8, Topaz Blue, Black Leather, Walnut Trim[/u] Koni Adjustable's w/ Racing Dynamics springs (1.75" drop), UUC LTW FW, E39 M5 Clutch, Wilwood Big Brakes, UUC Motorworks SSK, Rogue Engineering Big Boy Clutch Stop, Rogue Engineering Pulleys, EuroSport CF CAI, Sharked, Hawk HP+ Pads, Hamman Side Outlet Vents, ACS Type 3 18"s(replica) and 1000w pumping through a JL10W6[/b]

Does anyone have any recommendations for what kind of tint to get? (and a installer in Arizona)

I might be returning to Europe so I need the option to potentially remove the tint from the front windows.

I've seen a bit about the "ceramic tint" but I haven't seen too many places that do the install.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods
Talking

Originally Posted by cpiskai' post='575626' date='May 6 2008, 10:51 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for what kind of tint to get? (and a installer in Arizona)

I might be returning to Europe so I need the option to potentially remove the tint from the front windows.

I've seen a bit about the "ceramic tint" but I haven't seen too many places that do the install.
get formula one tint. i think the premier tint is thier best product and its ceramic. go to formula one's website and look for an authorized dealer in your area.. that's probably the best way to find a good installer.... its pricier than most but uts a quality product. I have it on My Denali, and it seems to be cooler than in my E60. Both cars are black too. I'm gonna eventually switch my tint on my BMW..
Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by leggomysakyo' post='575643' date='May 6 2008, 11:15 PM
get formula one tint. i think the premier tint is thier best product and its ceramic. go to formula one's website and look for an authorized dealer in your area.. that's probably the best way to find a good installer.... its pricier than most but uts a quality product. I have it on My Denali, and it seems to be cooler than in my E60. Both cars are black too. I'm gonna eventually switch my tint on my BMW..
premier tint isn't ceramic. go with the pinnacle series which is ceramic. i just got mine done 2 weeks ago and its great. the set-up i went with is 50% front windshield, 35% sides, and 15% rear window and its perfect
Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 Porsche Cayman S. Black on Black with Black tint. Sport (thicker) steering wheel, Heated Sport Seats, OEM Short Shifter, Clear Engine Cover. [b][u]SOLD! '08 550i 6SPD, Alpine White w/ OEM Carbon Fiber, Perforated Black leather, Anthracite Bamboo Trim[/u] full Sports Package with OEM Carbon Fiber Splitters and Diffuser, Cold Weather Package, Logic7, BMW Professional Nav, Heated/Ventilated 20 way Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Split Rear Seats, Comfort Access, iPod, PIAA Fog Lights, Xenon Match Interior Lighting, 12mm Rear Spacers, Gloss Black Model Designation, Carbon Fiber Door Pillar Covers, AngeliBrights (temporary set in place), ACS Style CF Diffuser, RDSport Quad conversion. RPI scoop (black) [u]2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8, Topaz Blue, Black Leather, Walnut Trim[/u] Koni Adjustable's w/ Racing Dynamics springs (1.75" drop), UUC LTW FW, E39 M5 Clutch, Wilwood Big Brakes, UUC Motorworks SSK, Rogue Engineering Big Boy Clutch Stop, Rogue Engineering Pulleys, EuroSport CF CAI, Sharked, Hawk HP+ Pads, Hamman Side Outlet Vents, ACS Type 3 18"s(replica) and 1000w pumping through a JL10W6[/b]

Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

Originally Posted by xoeightx' post='575687' date='May 7 2008, 01:16 AM
premier tint isn't ceramic. go with the pinnacle series which is ceramic. i just got mine done 2 weeks ago and its great. the set-up i went with is 50% front windshield, 35% sides, and 15% rear window and its perfect
You're right Pinnacle is the good stuff!! thanks for the correction! Any problems with the poe poe because of the tint on your front windshield??
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by leggomysakyo' post='575797' date='May 7 2008, 07:32 AM
You're right Pinnacle is the good stuff!! thanks for the correction! Any problems with the poe poe because of the tint on your front windshield??
no problem. Pinnacle is pricey but its good stuff.

if you're in the so cal area, this is where i got my tint done. Talk to Jim he is the owner and does great work and has the best prices. tell him Danny with the Black 5 series sent you and he will take care of you.

Astro Eclipse
310 E. Orangethorpe Avenue, Ste. B
Placentia, CA 92870
Phone: 714-528-3528

i lucky havent had any trouble with the front windshield yet, and hopefully i dont run into any *knocks on wood*
Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Members

i just got qouted around $500 to do the pinnacle tint is that about right?
Old 05-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by paul1994' post='577667' date='May 10 2008, 01:01 AM
i just got qouted around $500 to do the pinnacle tint is that about right?
was that for all 6 windows? if so then that's a good deal. if its only 5 then that's on the high side. I paid 530 for all six windows and it wouldve been 355 with out the front windshield which is a very good deal.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xoeightx' post='577710' date='May 10 2008, 07:39 AM
was that for all 6 windows? if so then that's a good deal. if its only 5 then that's on the high side. I paid 530 for all six windows and it wouldve been 355 with out the front windshield which is a very good deal.
I was assuming it was a tint for 5 windows, i will verify if that is correct. I am also assuming that the 6th window you are reffering to is the windshield and if so what tint precentage tint did you use (10%, 15%,..etc)

Thanks. I will call today to see if that included all six windows.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by paul1994' post='578733' date='May 12 2008, 11:19 AM
I was assuming it was a tint for 5 windows, i will verify if that is correct. I am also assuming that the 6th window you are reffering to is the windshield and if so what tint precentage tint did you use (10%, 15%,..etc)

Thanks. I will call today to see if that included all six windows.

I would not recommend tinting the front windshield at all. You may not get a ticket, but there is NO state that allows front windshield tint other than the factory tint at the top of the windshield. If you get into an accident, regardless if it was your fault or not, and they see that you have tint on your windshield, you are going to be very very sorry.

Quick Reply: Window Tinting