E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Wife destroyed the car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

OK, well she didn't destroy it, but here's what she did do...

Tonight she parked at the local market and pulled in way too far. When she backed out, she ripped the new ACS Front Spoiler completely off the car. Not only did she rip the mounting screws completely out of the stock bumper, but the drivers side section is now pulled out slightly and is not sitting aligned. Not to mention all the scrapes, scratches, dings, cracks and rips in my stock bumper now. Ughhh!

I have been talking to a few members about upgrading my car for some time now, as it's apparent I don't need AWD and I want more power. I came from a 2003 E39 530 Sport, so moving to a V8 or even the V10 is something I've always wanted. If I can somehow figure out a way to get myself into an M5(used) or 550(new), without paying a major penalty on my current lease, I'm going for it.

Otherwise, it looks as though I'll finally add the M-Tech kit to my car, even with 15 months left on my lease.

I wanted to strangle my wife when she called me tonight, as I specifically told her not to pull into parking spots too far with the new spoiler. Of course, she blew me off when I told her that the first time and said I was over-reacting and not to worry. For once, the man was right! Hahahaha!

In any event, mistakes happen and I don't blame her anymore. I just need to figure out what to do now...

I guess I need to make a visit to my local dealership this weekend and see what they can do for me. If my out of pocket is going to be $5K-$10K on penalty, I guess I'll just get the M-Tech kit and deal with my car for another 15 months.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

i feel bad for you C

Now the modding begins
Old 01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='525146' date='Jan 31 2008, 12:43 AM
i feel bad for you C

Now the modding begins
Thanks buddy. Yeah, however, I really want out of my lease and a new car. I guess things happen for a reason, so we'll see how it plays out. It's just annoying as I keep my car in MINT condition and she knows this car is one of my favorite hobbies and I take very good care of it. She was really upset about it and I felt bad.

It's ok though...it's just a car and that's life.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that man. but hey as you said, mistakes happen and she does feel upset about it. and you wanted to get that mtech kit anyway, so here's a good reason for you
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

C, Sorry to hear about the car. Glad your wife is ok and that she survived your strangling.

This is my worst fear about letting the wife drive the car, having her rip off the front end on a curb. I explained to her when we got the e60 that she needs to be careful when parking, curbs, etc. The other day she came home and told me how nice the PDC was for detecting curbs when she was parking. I told her not to use the sensor for curbs because it does not detect them. I narrowly averted disaster.

If you can get out of your lease with out taking a bath go for it buddy! If not, might as well throw the Mtech kit on. Let us know what you decide.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='525153' date='Jan 31 2008, 12:58 AM
C, Sorry to hear about the car. Glad your wife is ok and that she survived your strangling.

This is my worst fear about letting the wife drive the car, having her rip off the front end on a curb. I explained to her when we got the e60 that she needs to be careful when parking, curbs, etc. The other day she came home and told me how nice the parking sensor was for detecting curbs when she was parking. I told her not to use the sensor for curbs because it does not detect them. I narrowly averted disaster.

If you can get out of your lease with out taking a bath go for it buddy! If not, might as well throw the Mtech kit on. Let us know what you decide.
Thanks J. Believe it or not, this is more her car than mine. She takes it to and from work every day. However, on weekends, she becomes the passenger. Since I work in Manhattan, I take the SUV to the train station every day and let it sit there and bask in the sun. The local Seagulls have taken a liking to my SUV and when I come home at night, I find nice dried up, drippy surprises all over it. Hahahaha!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

C, I'll share a story from a couple weeks ago about my wife. She also drives the car to work during the week, less mileage, only 15 miles to her job. Crumbs everywhere and diet cokes in every cup holder by the end of the week, drivers visor mirror open 24/7 for checking make-up. Any way, I was talking to her when she was driving the 550 last week on her way home from work. She was using the bluetooth...all of a sudden I hear BRAAAAROOOOOM!!!! Engine roars to life for about 4 seconds then gets quiet again. I paused for a second then said " Honey...what was that?", knowing full well what it was. Without hesitation she responds, "That was my stomach growling. Where are we going for dinner?" I almost pissed myself laughing!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

C, sorry to hear that man,.....but, instead of spending more money on a leased car you want to give up, why not ask one of these guys on here to give you a bumper they took off to put on their mtech kits.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='525159' date='Jan 31 2008, 01:11 AM
C, I'll share a story from a couple weeks ago about my wife. She also drives the car to work during the week, less mileage, only 15 miles to her job. Crumbs everywhere and diet cokes in every cup holder by the end of the week, drivers visor mirror open 24/7 for checking make-up. Any way, I was talking to her when she was driving the 550 last week on her way home from work. She was using the bluetooth...all of a sudden I hear BRAAAAROOOOOM!!!! Engine roars to life for about 4 seconds then gets quiet again. I paused for a second then said " Honey...what was that?", knowing full well what it was. Without hesitation she responds, "That was my stomach growling. Where are we going for dinner?" I almost pissed myself laughing!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Members

If you have full coverage....

Quick Reply: Wife destroyed the car...