E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Where can I find a wrecked E60 rear bumper cover?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying all week to find a salvage yard that has a wrecked E60 bumper cover. Here's what I am looking for (to all of you who have repaired or replaced the rear bumper cover):

- The top of the rear bumper cover has two thin, half-inch wide, 12" long pieces of aluminum (one on each side) with eight (8) rivet holes drilled through it - at the top of the cover under the lip where you see the exposed rivets. Each runs from the upper corner, at the wheel well, towards the rear of the car. The part serves two purposes: To attach the "straight" part of the bumper to the part where bumper starts to curve around the vehicle (thus the 8 rivets), and to provide a single screw mount for the screw inside the wheel well that attaches the bumper to the body.

If I am not being clear enough with my description, please let me know! Unfortunately this part cannot be ordered through BMW because the part is not sold separately without the bumper cover attached to it (!)

If anyone here knows where I can find a "unrepairable" rear bumper that just may still have this part attached, or a body shop that is always replacing E60 rear bumpers, or ANYWHERE that I can track one of these down, please let me know. The part can be carefully pryed from the cover - with the rivets still attached - using a flathead screwdriver. I am looking for the passenger side ONLY.

Will gladly pay for someone's time plus shipping costs to get it to me.

Thank you in advance!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=51&fg=15

Could it it #5, 6,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-BMW-52...Q5fPartsQ5fCars

Try that too
Old 11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Members

Thanks for the info - the first link is for the bumper internals - this part is attached to the bumper cover itself.

The second link is for Bavarian Recycling - they already told me they have a $50 minimum and it's not worth their time.

Keep the suggestions coming! Thanks everyone!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525XI silver/grey

Originally Posted by Riptide' post='1052855' date='Nov 11 2009, 11:44 PM
I have been trying all week to find a salvage yard that has a wrecked E60 bumper cover. Here's what I am looking for (to all of you who have repaired or replaced the rear bumper cover):

- The top of the rear bumper cover has two thin, half-inch wide, 12" long pieces of aluminum (one on each side) with eight (8) rivet holes drilled through it - at the top of the cover under the lip where you see the exposed rivets. Each runs from the upper corner, at the wheel well, towards the rear of the car. The part serves two purposes: To attach the "straight" part of the bumper to the part where bumper starts to curve around the vehicle (thus the 8 rivets), and to provide a single screw mount for the screw inside the wheel well that attaches the bumper to the body.

If I am not being clear enough with my description, please let me know! Unfortunately this part cannot be ordered through BMW because the part is not sold separately without the bumper cover attached to it (!)

If anyone here knows where I can find a "unrepairable" rear bumper that just may still have this part attached, or a body shop that is always replacing E60 rear bumpers, or ANYWHERE that I can track one of these down, please let me know. The part can be carefully pryed from the cover - with the rivets still attached - using a flathead screwdriver. I am looking for the passenger side ONLY.

Will gladly pay for someone's time plus shipping costs to get it to me.

Thank you in advance!
I saw some on E-bay for a reasonable price and for sure on RockAuto.com
Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Silver525xi' post='1054133' date='Nov 13 2009, 03:25 PM
I saw some on E-bay for a reasonable price and for sure on RockAuto.com
I'll try eBay again (tried before but no one wants to pry the item I need off the bumper). They want to sell the entire cover, and ship it (big $$$ for one little part).

RockAuto is the same as all of the other parts companies - the part does not exist on it's own.

Still seeking a wrecked rear bumper cover!