E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Where are the Audio upgrades ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='514241' date='Jan 6 2008, 01:35 AM

last time i checked the idrive has nothing to do with the steering column being out of line. or wood trim being ripped off the door.
hahahaha. if you would have read carefully(NELSON29) you would have seen i said that the audio shop messed up all my stuff. so why would the bmw dealership do it for free, or charge me less. it was 500 dollars to replace my whole ipod adapter and cables with install and labor then 300 for everything else that the audio shop screwed up. so it wasnt just idrive errors nelson.

READ BEFORE YOU REPLY!
i read before i replied , i went thru all of your hassles. i stripped my whole car when i started working on the system. if you do some research you will find out that as soon as you disconnect the negative terminal from the battery you will get a bunch of errors. the steering column is not part of idrive, but all of that is part of the car electronics system.the car is a runninf computer. i had all of those errors plus my windshield wiper was going crazy as soon as i connected he battery, it took an hour to reset itself. your dealer ripped you off. i took my car back and it took them 10 min to fix all the idrive errors. in matter of fact i took the car to the dealer at least 3 times to fix errors. regarding the wood trim and ipod adapter, i understand our frustration, the shouldve been a more careful. working with the wood trim is a PITA. i replaced mines with the m5 aluminum trim and manage to damage some of the trim. dont how they mess uo your ipod adapter
Old 01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='514509' date='Jan 6 2008, 06:00 PM
i read before i replied , i went thru all of your hassles. i stripped my whole car when i started working on the system. if you do some research you will find out that as soon as you disconnect the negative terminal from the battery you will get a bunch of errors. the steering column is not part of idrive, but all of that is part of the car electronics system.the car is a runninf computer. i had all of those errors plus my windshield wiper was going crazy as soon as i connected he battery, it took an hour to reset itself. your dealer ripped you off. i took my car back and it took them 10 min to fix all the idrive errors. in matter of fact i took the car to the dealer at least 3 times to fix errors. regarding the wood trim and ipod adapter, i understand our frustration, the shouldve been a more careful. working with the wood trim is a PITA. i replaced mines with the m5 aluminum trim and manage to damage some of the trim. dont how they mess uo your ipod adapter
somehow the guy working on my stereo upgrade manage to fry the radio output so they had to go to bmw and get a new one. the shitty part is they didnt tell me that. so my ipod adapter wasnt working and those piss poor installers where like thats weird i wonder why its not working.

so i went to bmw and they told me what happened bc those installers where there like 3 days before buy my new radio output. and im glad bmw charged soo much(800+ total) bc i made that audio shop pay for it all. since they jacked my car up. not including the idrive stuff. and not only that when i got my car it was flithy dust and dirt everywhere. the where just trying to get me out of there as fast as possible.

IMHO never get an audio upgrade.
No matter how good the audio shop seems. BC all they work on all day is domestics and hondas!!!!

and what does PITA mean??????
Old 01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Members

My Ride: Jet Black 2007 E60 550i -Sport Package -Comfort Access -Navigation -Logic 7

PITA? I'm assuming Pain-In-The-Ass...
Old 01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by naszero' post='515223' date='Jan 8 2008, 05:24 PM
PITA? I'm assuming Pain-In-The-Ass...
hahaha that makes sense. im retarded, should have figured it out.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Senior Members

[/quote]
IMHO never get an audio upgrade.
No matter how good the audio shop seems. BC all they work on all day is domestics and hondas!!!!

[/quote]

Na i would not go that far. Just research the shop before you take your car to them there are shops that work more on highend cars.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='514509' date='Jan 6 2008, 07:00 PM

Nelson, whats up buddy!!