E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Where are the Audio upgrades ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd Man, 19' Breyton Wheels, Ipod Install, Parrot Bluetooth, AC roof and Trunk Spoiler

I have search all the board, but I am unable to find anyone that have upgraded their audio system, I see 1 or 2 pics, but thats it. are the E60 hard to upgrade ?. Come on people show some pic of your Audio upgrade in the E60, I need some Ideas
Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport & Premium package with bluetooth, 6 disk cd-Changer, stock 18's dunlop wrapped, leather, adaptive headlights, CPO, See my gallery :DR.I.P...Stock Silver 2004 530i with grey interior, HID,
Model Year: 2005
Engine: M54

i'd like to see the same... i've been contemplating on installing one of those fold out touchscreen tv/dvd/nav systems... seems to be the better option rather than going to BMW and getting all these expensive upgrades performed. removing the cd player on my 530 and installing this radio in its place would work well and gain alot of functionality like cd-changer connections, aux (ipods) etc.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

theres plenty of us that have upgraded their system. look for members KU530 and Rjcastr.
Heres a couple of links.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=42242&hl=

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=39814&hl=
Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rudeja' post='512520' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:04 AM
I have search all the board, but I am unable to find anyone that have upgraded their audio system, I see 1 or 2 pics, but thats it. are the E60 hard to upgrade ?. Come on people show some pic of your Audio upgrade in the E60, I need some Ideas
I will post pics of mine later this eve when I get home. It is not a fun car to work on to be honest with you if you are looking to go all out. If you just want to add a sub and amp no sweat. This thing has limited space and the idrive is a pita to work with or around. But all and all it can be done.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

Here are a few pics will do a full spread later.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Members

My Ride: Jet Black 2007 E60 550i -Sport Package -Comfort Access -Navigation -Logic 7

Originally Posted by KU530' post='514020' date='Jan 5 2008, 02:03 PM
Here are a few pics will do a full spread later.

Your car's in Vegas now! I've seen it in person, quite impressive. Steven's a childhood friend of mine. I went with him to pick up your car.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by rudeja' post='512520' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:04 AM

i just got done upgrading my audio. let me tell you what a horrible experience i had!!!!!! It all started when my back speaker blew. I thought what the hell i'll upgrade instead of going to beamer. So i went to this place in my town called custom sounds. its the most recongized audio shop in san antonio, texas. i think it is also in austin and houston. anyways, i tell them i want to replace my back speakers. 10 mins later they steer me towards upgrading my back and my front speakers.

so i go for it, focals in the front and back. plus an 4 channel alpine amp. bill comes out to 1200. i pay and they get to work. the sells guy tells me he has worked on plenty of bmw's. so i feel pretty good about the upgrade. he tells me they should be done in 2 days max. late night on the second day he doesnt even call. i have to call him and ask if my car is ready. he says that he is trying to figure out what time the next day it will be done. he says it will be done closing day the next day. this goes on for 2 WEEKS!!!!!!

this guy was a huge piece of Shh It!!! so i finally get my car back. and guess what;
the steering wheel is out of line
my airbag sensor is on
my dynamic drive is off
my idrive can't recongize my ipod anymore
they broke off parts my wood trim on the drives side door and passenger door
and to top it off the audio sounds worse than before

i take it to bmw and 2 more weeks later everything is fixed but the audio. the bill came out to around 800 dollars which i made the audio shop pay.
i take my car to a friend and he tunes the amp for me. now the audio sounds great! its very loud. i mean hurts your ears loud.

now the only problem is i need bass. treble is amazing but it lacks bass. and i dont know what to do bc i never want to go back to Custom Sounds ever again.

So Moral of the story, yes it can be very hard and extremely fustrating to upgrade your audio. because you have to remember everything in are cars is controlled by the idrive. you get some idiots that dont know what there doing you can get screwed over!!!

jeff
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

WOW SURPRISE SURPRISE

took some pics for you guys and looks like one of my back speakers is missing the freaking cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i have to go back to that ass backwards audio shop and get it replaced. it never ends

here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails Where are the Audio upgrades ?-img_0397.jpg   Where are the Audio upgrades ?-img_0402.jpg   Where are the Audio upgrades ?-img_0403.jpg  
Old 01-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

The dealer shouldnt charged you $800 to fix the i drive errors. i had all of those errors and they dealer fix it without no question ask. you probably went the wrong way at getting this fix.its not the installer fault if you had all the errors. that dont make the installer incompetent. once you unplug the battery to work on the car you will have idrive errors.
idrive is a PITA to work with, theres veteran installers that wont work on this cars. theres just so much that can go wrong.

Originally Posted by jdcinc21' post='514052' date='Jan 5 2008, 04:03 PM
i just got done upgrading my audio. let me tell you what a horrible experience i had!!!!!! It all started when my back speaker blew. I thought what the hell i'll upgrade instead of going to beamer. So i went to this place in my town called custom sounds. its the most recongized audio shop in san antonio, texas. i think it is also in austin and houston. anyways, i tell them i want to replace my back speakers. 10 mins later they steer me towards upgrading my back and my front speakers.

so i go for it, focals in the front and back. plus an 4 channel alpine amp. bill comes out to 1200. i pay and they get to work. the sells guy tells me he has worked on plenty of bmw's. so i feel pretty good about the upgrade. he tells me they should be done in 2 days max. late night on the second day he doesnt even call. i have to call him and ask if my car is ready. he says that he is trying to figure out what time the next day it will be done. he says it will be done closing day the next day. this goes on for 2 WEEKS!!!!!!

this guy was a huge piece of Shh It!!! so i finally get my car back. and guess what;
the steering wheel is out of line
my airbag sensor is on
my dynamic drive is off
my idrive can't recongize my ipod anymore
they broke off parts my wood trim on the drives side door and passenger door
and to top it off the audio sounds worse than before

i take it to bmw and 2 more weeks later everything is fixed but the audio. the bill came out to around 800 dollars which i made the audio shop pay.
i take my car to a friend and he tunes the amp for me. now the audio sounds great! its very loud. i mean hurts your ears loud.

now the only problem is i need bass. treble is amazing but it lacks bass. and i dont know what to do bc i never want to go back to Custom Sounds ever again.

So Moral of the story, yes it can be very hard and extremely fustrating to upgrade your audio. because you have to remember everything in are cars is controlled by the idrive. you get some idiots that dont know what there doing you can get screwed over!!!

jeff
Old 01-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='514167' date='Jan 5 2008, 08:38 PM
The dealer shouldnt charged you $800 to fix the i drive errors. i had all of those errors and they dealer fix it without no question ask. you probably went the wrong way at getting this fix.its not the installer fault if you had all the errors. that dont make the installer incompetent. once you unplug the battery to work on the car you will have idrive errors.
idrive is a PITA to work with, theres veteran installers that wont work on this cars. theres just so much that can go wrong.

last time i checked the idrive has nothing to do with the steering column being out of line. or wood trim being ripped off the door.
hahahaha. if you would have read carefully(NELSON29) you would have seen i said that the audio shop messed up all my stuff. so why would the bmw dealership do it for free, or charge me less. it was 500 dollars to replace my whole ipod adapter and cables with install and labor then 300 for everything else that the audio shop screwed up. so it wasnt just idrive errors nelson.

READ BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Quick Reply: Where are the Audio upgrades ?