E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

When Purchasing new wheels, I have found out . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

This posting is for the E60 owners who are considering purchasing new wheels for their new E60. I have learned a valuable $$$ lesson in purchasing new Replica BMW wheels for the ultra sensitive E60. If you in the market and decide to buy your new BMW Replica Wheels from The Wheel Exchange, or any wheel company you pick as far as that goes, but be sure to buy your new wheels and tires together that comes mounted and Road Forced 0 weight balanced, (or as close to 0 weight ROAD FORCE balanced as you can get), but purchased you new "wheels and tires" together, ready to go on your BMW once they arrive to you.

Sincerely,
Presley348

PS
Now I only bought my wheels from The Wheel Exchange at an excellent price, (SEE BELOW), but I did not buy their tires, (I wished I would had, Hindsight, Live and learn, I suppose $$$! LOL)

When Purchasing new wheels, I have found out . . .-e._presley_2004_bmw_530i_023.jpg

When Purchasing new wheels, I have found out . . .-e._presley_2004_bmw_530i_006.jpg
Old 12-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Hey Pres,

Too bad you had to "live and learn" as it is a nice looking setup.
I hope it works out for you when all is said and done.

I've learned over the years that sometimes it costs more to "save money"
.... On the other hand, costing more costs more.

Best of luck and enjoy your sweet-looking ride!
Old 12-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

those are some GOOD LOOKING wheels!!! is that a staggered setup?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:51 PM
those are some GOOD LOOKING wheels!!!? is that a staggered setup?
[snapback]63991[/snapback]
================================================== ===

Hi wiszmaster:

No, that is not the staggered wheel setup, although I could had bought it, for an additional $200.00 (wheels) from Nathan at The Wheel Exchange.

I think it a cool looking set up to have the staggered BMW Parallel M Replica wheels, but I am a business man that has to rotate my tires every 2,500 miles to a get decent tread life out of my tires.

Presley348

PS,
Thanks for the complement on my new wheels! : )
Old 12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Dec 3 2004, 01:11 AM
Hey Pres,

Too bad you had to "live and learn" as it is a nice looking setup.
I hope it works out for you when all is said and done.

I've learned over the years that sometimes it costs more to "save money"
.... On the other hand, costing more costs more.?

Best of luck and enjoy your sweet-looking ride!
[snapback]63830[/snapback]

================================================== ===

Hi realtyman:

I had to come to "reality" on the way to purchased BMW wheels and tires from the same retailer, the hard way! $$$ (LOL)

But things did turn out great for me....this time... but I am going to take people advice and not be so cheap, because you are right, it did cost me $$$, going this route buying from two separate excellent retailers, "live and learn" (LOL)... I just could not believe all the great support I got from the wheel exchange and from Kauffman tires after I made my purchase from them in getting my wheels and tire balanced right! (A balancing machine that I never heard of before: SONAR Balancing? But it did work on my E60)

These are not BMW factory wheels, but an excellent BMW Replica wheel, (so far), and I did save about $3000.00 going this route over the factory wheels. I figure if they did not work out for some adverse reason, I could always buy the high price 18inch BMW wheels from "Chris Bangle" and $$$ his friendly $$$ BMW dealer $$$$ here in Atlanta Georgia, (just kidding about Chris $$$ Bangle, LOL, but Chris and his team is one smart thing for BMW).

Sincerely,

Presley348

PS,
Thanks for your reply to my posting, and your complement on my new BMW Wheels and the set up.