E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Wheels like M6's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

I have replicas and I don't have any vibration issues. Not all replicas have issues.....but I do agree there's a greater chance of having an issue with replicas.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

There's no doubt that it's a hit and miss when it comes replicas. The overall quality and finish of most replicas are decent, the biggest issue is incorrect bore sizing which cause the vibration issues. Most replica manufacturers still are producing the 74.1mm bore size, thinking that they are the same as the older generation of BMW's.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 9/04 BMW E46 / 3

I?ve heard of some breking rims from that manufactor.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

Originally Posted by blinkme_210' post='403558' date='Mar 16 2007, 01:44 PM
Eh, what happened to your whole "I like my cars natural and stock"? You were raving about it in the other thread.

Back on topc, Moven wheels are good quality, and my friend has a set on his E90 325xi. No vibrations or anything. The biggest culprit of vibrations is incorrect wheel bore. Most replicas that are "made for BMW" have a bore of 72.56mm, which eliminates any chance of vibrations. Most people who describe having vibrations have the wrong wheel bore of 74.1mm. So then they try to correct it with hub rings, but to no avail. I have my 166 replicas with a 72.56mm bore and there are no vibrations at all, runs perfect!
I didn't say I was getting the rims, I just saw them on eBay. I wanted to get a reaction, because I saw the price of the OEM's, and these were a fraction of the price, AND from a good company as some of the replies have stated. It came to mind that I saw those rims for about 5K?!!!! with tires? I like that look, but wouldn't spend that type of loot on the rims, AND they're NOT Blingy rims...........But HOTTT nonetheless. If I had the loot, I would buy a Bentley GT, and keep it stock. It just seems top me that if you can spend less for the rims, and they spin well...Then, I would be upset that I spent 5K on the OEM's!!!!

But some will just "hate" on the replicas because they GOT TOOK!!!!...................Just kidding
Old 03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Contributors

Just buy them. Screw vibration!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='403744' date='Mar 17 2007, 12:17 AM

Just buy them. Screw vibration!
YOu ride is HOTT FIRE Buzz.....no doubt!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Contributors

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37761

More pictures, maybe it'll influence your decision.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

Originally Posted by pro2cer' post='403740' date='Mar 16 2007, 10:06 PM
I didn't say I was getting the rims, I just saw them on eBay. I wanted to get a reaction, because I saw the price of the OEM's, and these were a fraction of the price, AND from a good company as some of the replies have stated. It came to mind that I saw those rims for about 5K?!!!! with tires? I like that look, but wouldn't spend that type of loot on the rims, AND they're NOT Blingy rims...........But HOTTT nonetheless. If I had the loot, I would buy a Bentley GT, and keep it stock. It just seems top me that if you can spend less for the rims, and they spin well...Then, I would be upset that I spent 5K on the OEM's!!!!

But some will just "hate" on the replicas because they GOT TOOK!!!!...................Just kidding
I was not trying to dump on your parade or anything there buddy, calm down. Just merely restating what you posted in your other thread. How could I not assume that you are trying to profess to the world that you really STAND by your OPINION on leaving cars STOCK!!!! Then you proceed to list down EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has commented or HATED about your car. I especially LOVE the random CAPITALIZATIONS, FIVE EXCLAMATION MARKS, posting of other random pictures of yourself and your cars in other your posts!!!! This gets really annoying to read after 1 line btw.

Yes, you mentioned that you were only asking if those "wheels were any good", but you never stated anything other than are they good. For the most part when people gauge interest on certain rims, they have an interest in purchasing for themselves. Everyone who subsequently to this post assumed the same thing I did. Don't read too much into things, unless I or someone else come out at you, this is the internet.

Maybe I should have thrown in a after my post so you could have gauged the tone of my comment to deflect any hostility in my post; next time
Old 03-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Members

OK, Big Guy.....It's alright. I joke around alot and some don't get my sense of humor. Can't please evryone...I was about to use an explanation point 4 times.....WHEW. Sorry my writing isn't up to par. I'll work on it. I saw the rims for 5K, then I saw them on eBay for 869. It was just a question of price. I like it stock. Or as we say in Philly (except for the haters)...butt-naked. It doesn't mean I can't or won't change my mind though..........ooopps there's those periods again...Peace Out.
Attached Thumbnails Wheels like M6's-bmw.jpg