E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Whats the maximum a 535d could be chipped to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by cerbera' date='Jun 27 2005, 06:29 PM
Test drove the DMS 535d; DMS told me that they had rolling roaded the car and were seeing 360 BHP and 640lb/ft, but that they were making more conservative claims in their literature. I asked if they would stand by the higher figures if I had my car upgraded, they said yes.

Car drove very well, autobox showed no signes of stress ( dragging, jerky changes, slow changes ) which I've found in the past when driving autos with more power/torque than was good for them.

The software change(no chipping ) increases the fuelling, so I don't see that the turbos would be affected. The bottom end of the engine is a different matter, only time will tell. DMS suggested that they have seen well over 700 lb/ft and over 400BHP, but driveability goes out of the window.

0-60 came up in 5.2 seconds ( 63MPH on the speedo ) with DSC switched on - I didn't have the courage to dial it out - and 50-70 in 2.7 seconds. Throttle response was unbelievable, transition to warp speed would be a good way to describe it.

For everyday driving on public roads, this car utterly destroys my E39 M5 and after a short drive of the E60 M5 ( the dealer seems to think I might break it.. .) I'd have to say it would do the same to the new M5 as well.

Fuel consumption.....in traffic dropped to 30-32MPG, some enthusiasm in the right foot dropped this to 27-28MPG.

Downsides....the ride on the 535d was pants compared with the E60 M5..those run flats will have to go....and the rear disks and pads are going to be shortlived with the amount of work the DSC is going to be doing, expecially in the wet.

So I've bought a 535D, cancelled my order for the M5, and with the saving ( plus a little ) a Caterham CSR for fun might just be the answer.......
[snapback]143596[/snapback]
Wow that must be serious speed to make you cancel an M5.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:30 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 535d
Default Bs

What a load of BS.

You can chip/remove DPF/CAT or what ever you like!!!

You can no way match an E60 M5!!!!!!!!! the drive, handling, power output will kill a 535d anyday!! for e.g. in an M5 you can go 180mph and still feel like your sitting on your sofa at home whereas with the 535d at even 160mph you feel like the cars going to fall apart!

Stop dreaming and wake up!!
Old 07-03-2023, 12:35 PM
Probation Members

My Ride: E61 535d

Not sure how much power this makes, but that's mine, struggling for traction on 255 tyres at the back. Best time was in a region of 4.8s to 100km/h. Traction is a biggie there, so I'd recommend putting some serious rubber at the back, perhaps spacers and roll out the fenders. Btw, it is scary in the wet, seriously. You put you foot down at 80mph (130km/h) and it losses traction when it kicks down. Not for everyone this beast.
Originally Posted by cerbera
Test drove the DMS 535d; DMS told me that they had rolling roaded the car and were seeing 360 BHP and 640lb/ft, but that they were making more conservative claims in their literature. I asked if they would stand by the higher figures if I had my car upgraded, they said yes.

Car drove very well, autobox showed no signes of stress ( dragging, jerky changes, slow changes ) which I've found in the past when driving autos with more power/torque than was good for them.

The software change(no chipping ) increases the fuelling, so I don't see that the turbos would be affected. The bottom end of the engine is a different matter, only time will tell. DMS suggested that they have seen well over 700 lb/ft and over 400BHP, but driveability goes out of the window.

0-60 came up in 5.2 seconds ( 63MPH on the speedo ) with DSC switched on - I didn't have the courage to dial it out - and 50-70 in 2.7 seconds. Throttle response was unbelievable, transition to warp speed would be a good way to describe it.

For everyday driving on public roads, this car utterly destroys my E39 M5 and after a short drive of the E60 M5 ( the dealer seems to think I might break it.. .) I'd have to say it would do the same to the new M5 as well.

Fuel consumption.....in traffic dropped to 30-32MPG, some enthusiasm in the right foot dropped this to 27-28MPG.

Downsides....the ride on the 535d was pants compared with the E60 M5..those run flats will have to go....and the rear disks and pads are going to be shortlived with the amount of work the DSC is going to be doing, expecially in the wet.

So I've bought a 535D, cancelled my order for the M5, and with the saving ( plus a little ) a Caterham CSR for fun might just be the answer.......