E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What is the standard offset for e60 19" wheels? (non-m)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i

I've been searching all over the interwebs and can't find a comprehensive answer of the standard offset for the 19" wheels available as an option on the 550i. Both front and rear. So far I've found only m5 figments and conflicting info on the rears... And nothing on the fronts.

One of the first things I want to do on my 535 is replace the 18s.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

style 172 wheels are 19" and come standard on the LCI 550i with sport package...

info can be found here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...14&hg=36&fg=15

F ET: 18
R ET: 32

***do you have a set of wheels in mind and know the offset you are planning t switch to. How aggressive/flush do you want your 19" wheels to sit? Even those with 172 wheels add spacers to push the offset out a little further.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Members

Thanks!

I'm leaning towards these: http://www.modbargains.com/Avant-Gar...Silver-BMW.htm

What I'm really looking for is something like those wheels but in a color midway between silver and gunmetal. I'm half tempted to buy them and have US Wheels in el cajon paint them nogaro silver or something.

And no, I have no idea what offset I want. Not even really sure where to begin on that. My biggest concern is ending up with something that vibrates at high speed. I'll see if I can find a good photo of my e46 - it has the perfect offset for the wheels I have. I know they would be completely different - so I'm trying to compare before / after offsets. It's been so long that I'm not sure I even know what offset I bought for the e46.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

I have 172s with the offsets that Gene mentioned and am running a 15mm spacer in the rear. I've always thought that an ideal offset for our cars is 20 fr and 20 rear. A slight deviation from that either way is usually ok.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by LeftCoastBias
Thanks!

I'm leaning towards these: http://www.modbargai...-Silver-BMW.htm

What I'm really looking for is something like those wheels but in a color midway between silver and gunmetal. I'm half tempted to buy them and have US Wheels in el cajon paint them nogaro silver or something.

And no, I have no idea what offset I want. Not even really sure where to begin on that. My biggest concern is ending up with something that vibrates at high speed. I'll see if I can find a good photo of my e46 - it has the perfect offset for the wheels I have. I know they would be completely different - so I'm trying to compare before / after offsets. It's been so long that I'm not sure I even know what offset I bought for the e46.
vibration would be caused

by an incorrect bore size (which can be fixed with hub rings/adapters)
by spacers, used to lower the offset/push the wheel further out and flush tot he fender (cleaning the contact surfaces thoroughly and using the correct lug bolt lengths should address this)
by wheel defect/damage (bent/poor construction)
by improper wheel balance (can be fixed with a proper wheel balance, including a road force balance)

**there are other reasons, but those are the usual ones when recently changing wheels and having "vibration" issues

the wheels you linked might have a different bore size and need hub rings, but you can confirm with the vendor. as far as the offset goes, the ones listed in the link you posted might require spacers to push them more flush, as the "standard" offsets on those wheels seem to be more geared towards an e9x (3 series) which are slightly higher than the e60 offsets...there are a few members here with those wheels, perhaps one will chime in with their insight/experience. good luck
Old 07-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

Thanks!

I'm leaning towards these: http://www.modbargai...-Silver-BMW.htm

Stay away from those. I still dont know why they sell wheels that really dont fit our cars without some form of ring..... Left go VMR, HRE, Dinan, BBS, etc.. Pretty much if the rim isn't 72.6 hub with offsets of 6-20 front and 12-33 rear you do not want them period.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
Stay away from those. I still dont know why they sell wheels that really dont fit our cars without some form of ring..... Left go VMR, HRE, Dinan, BBS, etc.. Pretty much if the rim isn't 72.6 hub with offsets of 6-20 front and 12-33 rear you do not want them period.
The wheels I linked look like they do have the bore size as well as offsets within that range you mentioned. Or did I misread something?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

The wheels I linked look like they do have the bore size as well as offsets within that range you mentioned. Or did I misread something?
Only the 20's on the fitment char tare 100%. One of the 19's says et 15 but CB is 74 not 72.6
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Members

I don't even see the CB sizes for the VMR wheels.

http://www.modbargains.com/V710-velocity-motoring.htm
Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

VMR 710's
http://www.velocitym...heels_v710.html

Thats just one they have more to choose from

Quick Reply: What is the standard offset for e60 19" wheels? (non-m)