E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What is a Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='564632' date='Apr 20 2008, 11:20 AM
there is 2 kinds AT and M but get the AT itis smoother and better.
Are you saying buy the AT version even if you have a manual trani???

Sounds counter-intuitive. What's the diff between the two? Anybody know?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: AW E46 M3 Vert

Originally Posted by kram0326' post='564200' date='Apr 19 2008, 10:40 AM
Guys, pardon my ignorance, but what is a Sprint Booster? What will it do for my 07' 550i?
the best mod in the world!

like others have said it simply makes your car think youre pressing the pedal alot more than you really are which not only gets rid of that horrible lag but makes the car feel like a beast.

btw: last night i took it off since i had to take the car to the dealer for a few things this morning, the car felt like it was broken. it literally felt sooo much slower and unresponsive, i couldnt believe it. i was skeptical before like many others but i now cannot imagine driving the car without it anymore. i was able to purchase mine for about $200, the best BANG for the buck. i love it!

DO IT
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by e60_fanatic' post='567651' date='Apr 25 2008, 12:17 PM
the best mod in the world!

like others have said it simply makes your car think youre pressing the pedal alot more than you really are which not only gets rid of that horrible lag but makes the car feel like a beast.

btw: last night i took it off since i had to take the car to the dealer for a few things this morning, the car felt like it was broken. it literally felt sooo much slower and unresponsive, i couldnt believe it. i was skeptical before like many others but i now cannot imagine driving the car without it anymore. i was able to purchase mine for about $200, the best BANG for the buck. i love it!

DO IT
glad you cant live without it like me.
Now I have a sb on all of my 3 cars now.

BTW what is that strip on your door?
any close up picks of it.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525i (not LCI) - Alpine white, M sport package, Comfort seats, Logic 7, Bluetooth, Xenon adaptive headlights, PDC, sunroof, A/C with extended features, etc.

just got my sprint booster today...

does anyone think its overpriced? because the thing is really small; what exactly can be inside? im guessing just a chip of some sort?

btw, dont ask me how i like it yet. i have 3 more weeks till i install.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by trojan.525i' post='567764' date='Apr 25 2008, 03:15 PM
just got my sprint booster today...

does anyone think its overpriced? because the thing is really small; what exactly can be inside? im guessing just a chip of some sort?

btw, dont ask me how i like it yet. i have 3 more weeks till i install.
I would say, for the feeling of the car itis worth every penny.
If this SB was not in this world it would cost you arm and a leg to get this kind of feeling. The best for what it worth.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Ok... 2 questions....

1. Can someone please clarify the statement that one should buy the AT version even if you have a manual transmission? I don't understand that logic.

2. How does the Sprint Booster affect slow speed driving, such as in a parking lot, pulling out of one's garage? In other words, is the "sprinting" aspect universal at all throttle levels or is it smart enough to ignore very light throttling (ignore as in not boost)?

Or does it require some adjustment in terms of driving. Not all driving conditions call for sprinting (e.g. rush hour traffic).

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Originally Posted by Road Runner' post='567851' date='Apr 25 2008, 07:54 AM
Ok... 2 questions....

1. Can someone please clarify the statement that one should buy the AT version even if you have a manual transmission? I don't understand that logic.

2. How does the Sprint Booster affect slow speed driving, such as in a parking lot, pulling out of one's garage? In other words, is the "sprinting" aspect universal at all throttle levels or is it smart enough to ignore very light throttling (ignore as in not boost)?

Or does it require some adjustment in terms of driving. Not all driving conditions call for sprinting (e.g. rush hour traffic).

Thanks.
Not sure about point #1, but with respect to point #2, the accelerator pedal is more sensative. I was fearful that my wife would end up crashing my car because it would be "too sensitive", but that is not the case. If she can handle local driving, etc, then anyone can. You'll develop a feel for the pedal pretty quickly...

Don't think about it...Just do it.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Yes, Just get it,

New Group buy for Sprintbooster here:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry567857

$245 shipped!!! Cmon guys, we only need 5 people.

MK
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Road Runner' post='567851' date='Apr 25 2008, 07:54 PM

Thanks.
You will be fine in slow conditions. it will be like driving a new car at start and after a few weeks you be OK
most of the time I dont sprint so itis OK ans smooth.
it feels very slow when taking it out so after a few months of driving you cant live with out it
Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Contributors

does a sprint booster affect gas mileage per gallon? gas is so ** expensive now? and does everyone use premium now? I just got my new to me e60 and will for sure baby it? but was just wondering just in case gas goes up anymore

Quick Reply: What is a Sprint Booster