5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   What do you guys think about this wheel going onto the E60? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/what-do-you-guys-think-about-wheel-going-onto-e60-37603/)

Bambi 03-06-2007 10:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think about this wheels going onto the E60? I'm thinking to get that.

vegastrashed 03-06-2007 11:15 PM

Thomas,
You have two pictures. I like the first one. Not a big fan of rivets (the second).

narvselius 03-06-2007 11:50 PM

If you go for the first, you better have nice and polished brakes 'cause they will be very visible... But they do look nice! :thumbsup:

Blackonblackonblack 03-06-2007 11:57 PM

I kinda like them...would have to be careful with curb rashes as they seem to stick out from the rims a bit?

EuroCarFan 03-07-2007 07:40 AM

What brand are they? They sorta look like the RS4 wheels.

Anthony517 03-07-2007 08:48 AM

not feeling the 1st they are 4 audis but the second 1s look nice

jet190rs 03-07-2007 09:09 AM

1st pic are Audi RS4 wheels
I like the design, but I wouldn't put them on a BMW just out of principal...Would you put Porsche wheels on a Ferrari?

2nd pic are Breyton Magic Sport's
Always been a fan of these, just wish they were lighter.

C's Bimmer 03-07-2007 09:52 AM

Thomas - I actually like the Breytons (your 2nd pic) better, but not sure I like wheels with that many spokes. Does Breyton make another set with less spokes?

Also, didn't you have a set of 19" Breytons on your car before you got your iForged set? Weren't there rubbing issues with those? I assume you're going with 19's again. If so, you're not going the custom route to prevent any rubbing issues? I'm really curious to see what you end up with. You have been a great tester of 19" wheels for us xi owners. Keep the love going! :thumbsup:

Bambi 03-07-2007 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='399726' date='Mar 7 2007, 01:52 PM
Thomas - I actually like the Breytons (your 2nd pic) better, but not sure I like wheels with that many spokes. Does Breyton make another set with less spokes?

Also, didn't you have a set of 19" Breytons on your car before you got your iForged set? Weren't there rubbing issues with those? I assume you're going with 19's again. If so, you're not going the custom route to prevent any rubbing issues? I'm really curious to see what you end up with. You have been a great tester of 19" wheels for us xi owners. Keep the love going! :thumbsup:

I didn't have rubbing issues with the Breytons. I didn't put them on from Day1 because I only have 2 of them. :devil: If you have read some of my posts last year, I've bought the rims from a guy in LA through eBay and he has only shipped me 2 of them and I was ripped. :blink:
I'm getting bored with the look of my iForged so I'm thinking of a change. I can get 2 more Breyton Magic Racing from Tirerack for only $1,100 and I'm all set. But I also like the simple and clean look of the RS4 rims and they are damn cheap, only $699 for 4!!! So I'm thinking to try those out too. The offset of the Breytons is ET38 and the RS4 rim is ET35. You might wanna try that cheap alternative too. :thumbsup:

C's Bimmer 03-07-2007 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bambi' post='399735' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:03 PM
I didn't have rubbing issues with the Breytons. I didn't put them on from Day1 because I only have 2 of them. :devil: If you have read some of my posts last year, I've bought the rims from a guy in LA through eBay and he has only shipped me 2 of them and I was ripped. :blink:
I'm getting bored with the look of my iForged so I'm thinking of a change. I can get 2 more Breyton Magic Racing from Tirerack for only $1,100 and I'm all set. But I also like the simple and clean look of the RS4 rims and they are damn cheap, only $699 for 4!!! So I'm thinking to try those out too. The offset of the Breytons is ET38 and the RS4 rim is ET35. You might wanna try that cheap alternative too. :thumbsup:

Are the RS4 wheels replica's? Where are you buying them from? Do you think you'll have any rubbing issues with these wheels, since neither are custom?

As for changing it up, what about painting the inside of your iForged wheels black? I always liked the look of an Alpine White E60 with Black wheels and a polished lip. :thumbsup: