E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What is coming out of my exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK guys. ETNav382 was kind enough to drop by and we did a comparison. His car did not output any steam/smoke/whatever and mine did... Going to go and get it checked out on Monday. Thanks to all that chimed in and have a great new years.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck Happy new years!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by west
OK guys. ETNav382 was kind enough to drop by and we did a comparison. His car did not output any steam/smoke/whatever and mine did... Going to go and get it checked out on Monday. Thanks to all that chimed in and have a great new years.
Please let us know the outcome....it will be useful.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Hope that it's not something to be worried about, could just be condense.
Does it still smoke that hard after a long drive?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Hey hows it going man? happy new year. i am trying to figure out that problem as well. although your a 550 and im a 535 when i ran catless i could make a smoke bomb. my thought at first was my tune however as i took off my tune i still had big smoke. i put back my stock downpipes and now no smoke. but still i would like to know the answer to this problem... i checked everything short of pulling my engine out to check my turbo seals. my PCV was not a problem, i did have fuel wash so i drained and flushed previous oil replacing it with BMWs high performance oil and im still smoking and the exhaust does smell like gas. so i just put on my stock dps to make it stop smoking.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeffCharger
Please let us know the outcome....it will be useful.
Will do.

Originally Posted by Sas
Hope that it's not something to be worried about, could just be condense.
Does it still smoke that hard after a long drive?
Yes, it smokes after a long drive. The video above was taken after the car had been driven for an hour or so.

Originally Posted by stylin8o8
Hey hows it going man? happy new year. i am trying to figure out that problem as well. although your a 550 and im a 535 when i ran catless i could make a smoke bomb. my thought at first was my tune however as i took off my tune i still had big smoke. i put back my stock downpipes and now no smoke. but still i would like to know the answer to this problem... i checked everything short of pulling my engine out to check my turbo seals. my PCV was not a problem, i did have fuel wash so i drained and flushed previous oil replacing it with BMWs high performance oil and im still smoking and the exhaust does smell like gas. so i just put on my stock dps to make it stop smoking.
Yo. Going okay. I've done a bit of online searching and haven't found an answer to the issue yet...mostly just people claiming the usual diagnosis of "white smoke means you're burnin coolant". It looks like a nice dry day out so I may swing by my performance shop soon and ask their opinion. They seem to be knowledgeable of most things automotive and have removed many cats in their day so perhaps they have seen this before. I'll keep this thread posted if I learn anything new.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Cool, awesome of Derek to drop by!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Cool, awesome of Derek to drop by!
Yeah. Nice guy. You did a great job on his car btw.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

mine does the same. more then other cars
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Senior Members

I had the same when i had my 545i with quads. I noticed it came after i had a tune (by miguex) no lights ever came on, and the car pulled strong so i never worried. Man do i ever miss the sound of a V8

Quick Reply: What is coming out of my exhaust?