E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Want a new look upfront

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='1084109' date='Jan 4 2010, 06:00 PM
edit by Iceman: pic removed (Nudity, NSFW)
Just another encroachment on our rights to free speech...

:thumbsdown:
Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='1084047' date='Jan 4 2010, 04:02 PM
get the matte black kidney grills and hamman splitter. Trinity has the best pricing, PM Nerweezy!
+1
Old 01-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1085602' date='Jan 7 2010, 02:59 AM
Just another encroachment on our rights to free speech...

:thumbsdown:
The freedom of speech you have, but in public.

Technically, a forum like ours is a house. It's owned by someone. And the owner makes the rules for his house! If you don't like it, you don't need to visit his house! Based on that we also ban people. Because the owner of the house doesn't need to let everyone in.
Our house is a house made out of glass. Everyone can look in without entering the house.
As you know, glass is very fragile, so you need help, being the owner, protecting all the glass. That's what mods do. They enforce the rules the owner has given and every visitor has to follow, and they protect the house from being distroyed.

One thing I find very interesting.
The poster was informed and he understands the issue.
And now you join the party just to cause trouble?
V, if you have problems with what we do, here is what you can do:

a) complain via PM or Email to the Admins/Mods
b) leave

But don't start trash talk like that my friend.

Thank you.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

deep Ice---

am i the only one that kinda likes the mesh grill, but NOT IN CHROME FOR GODS SAKE.. i only like it in the black.. does your car have shadowline trim? then you can go with a matte theme on the grills..
Old 01-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1085828' date='Jan 7 2010, 08:13 AM
The freedom of speech you have, but in public.

Technically, a forum like ours is a house. It's owned by someone. And the owner makes the rules for his house! If you don't like it, you don't need to visit his house! Based on that we also ban people. Because the owner of the house doesn't need to let everyone in.
Our house is a house made out of glass. Everyone can look in without entering the house.
As you know, glass is very fragile, so you need help, being the owner, protecting all the glass. That's what mods do. They enforce the rules the owner has given and every visitor has to follow, and they protect the house from being distroyed.

One thing I find very interesting.
The poster was informed and he understands the issue.
And now you join the party just to cause trouble?
V, if you have problems with what we do, here is what you can do:

a) complain via PM or Email to the Admins/Mods
b) leave

But don't start trash talk like that my friend.

Thank you.
Totally not called for, Andre. My original comment was a joke and those who didn't get it may a) or b)

But since you decided to take it so seriously, I must conclude that there was some truth to my joke - however unexpected that may be to me. So, allow me to retort: I don't understand why you would want to first encroach on the freedom of speech and then go and specifically attack the one person who had balls to stand up to your totalitarian measures (me). So prove your point to the mute, pal. You should know me better by now.

Oh, and we ALL chip in for this "house" (Contributors, remember?!), wanna take a poll and see who'd vote against the freedom of speech on this forum? If majority votes against the freedom of speech, I'll leave.

Moral of this story? Don't f*ck with me when I'm righteous, Andre!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual

My dear V,

nowhere in your post you make clear you are joking. In fact, I think you were not.

I did not attack you, I explained why the deletion happened and does not violate freedom of speech!

Truth is, you have even been reported, so it is pretty obvious I am not the only one that saw the truth here, that this was no joke!

You like to talk about respect, truth, moral... and I am very often missing it in your comments!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

LOL, Mag I like the look of your car (although yes, I prefer shadowline too). Still love those 125's, kind of miss them, but there has been a pleasant change in mine to compensate.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1085888' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:24 AM
My dear V,

nowhere in your post you make clear you are joking. In fact, I think you were not.

I did not attack you, I explained why the deletion happened and does not violate freedom of speech!

Truth is, you have even been reported, so it is pretty obvious I am not the only one that saw the truth here, that this was no joke!

You like to talk about respect, truth, moral... and I am very often missing it in your comments!!!
I wonder why...

Anyway, if you are saying that someone reported the original comment that you deleted - I understand why. If you're saying someone reported me for saying you encroached on freedom of speech... I guess that makes that person against the freedom of speech then? I don't know... and frankly, I don't care. And neither should you IMHO.

I haven't done ANYTHING to have to prove to you whether I was joking or being serious, so I don't appreciate your attitude with me. You and I - PERSONALLY - have dealt with issues of images being NSFW before and my compliance in the past should speak for itself.

I've said all there is to say about this, I think this topic should be "Finito la Commedia" about two replies back.

Here's to another one of our exchanges, bud

PS My apologies to the OP for Kanye West'ing this thread.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by mag75' post='1084044' date='Jan 4 2010, 03:56 PM
Here is what I currently have. Any suggestions on a change?

Should I go all black kidney? Black with crome trim?
Thank god you're changing it back. Do black grills and get rid of all that mesh. Yuck!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1086414' date='Jan 8 2010, 01:22 AM
I wonder why...

Anyway, if you are saying that someone reported the original comment that you deleted - I understand why. If you're saying someone reported me for saying you encroached on freedom of speech... I guess that makes that person against the freedom of speech then? I don't know... and frankly, I don't care. And neither should you IMHO.

I haven't done ANYTHING to have to prove to you whether I was joking or being serious, so I don't appreciate your attitude with me. You and I - PERSONALLY - have dealt with issues of images being NSFW before and my compliance in the past should speak for itself.

I've said all there is to say about this, I think this topic should be "Finito la Commedia" about two replies back.

Here's to another one of our exchanges, bud
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Want a new look upfront