E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Used Eisenmann Race Exhaust Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i

I just bought a used Eisenmann muffler for my 545. I liked the sound online, but not sure I wanted to invest a couple of grand into it. I saw a used one here on the forum and it was local, so I checked into it. I had researched sound and feedback on the forum, but due to alot of travel and business priorities, I didnt do as thorough a job as I would usually do (Im an engineer...ha). So, when I got back in town I squeezed in a quick meet with the seller and I bought it on the spot. I got it home and started cleaning some of the dust off it and I couldnt find any model number or any other markings other than the tips. I started checking on the forum and then hit an old thread about the couterfeit exhaust through eisenhaus. So, I rechecked the muffler and there was no metal tag welded to it. There was only tack welds where the tag was cut off...hmmm. I called the seller immediately and talked to him about my concern and does he still have the tag...he does not, but he had it taken off because "it was vibrating against the muffler".

Can anyone tell me if there is any chance in hell that the tag would cause a vibration? I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but it seems fishy since the tag is the key to the real vs fake one.

I am also considering checking with the current Eisenmann NA repersentative and see if they can tell me if its the real deal or not. Maybe a photo?

Any other advice?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Did you buy it from a guy called quad_m?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

no issues like that when I had my eisenmann before
Old 01-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Here lies the difference between possibility and plausibilty....it is possible, it doesn't' sound plausible though! Good luck with this!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by LWB545' post='772022' date='Jan 19 2009, 09:38 PM
I just bought a used Eisenmann muffler for my 545. I liked the sound online, but not sure I wanted to invest a couple of grand into it. I saw a used one here on the forum and it was local, so I checked into it. I had researched sound and feedback on the forum, but due to alot of travel and business priorities, I didnt do as thorough a job as I would usually do (Im an engineer...ha). So, when I got back in town I squeezed in a quick meet with the seller and I bought it on the spot. I got it home and started cleaning some of the dust off it and I couldnt find any model number or any other markings other than the tips. I started checking on the forum and then hit an old thread about the couterfeit exhaust through eisenhaus. So, I rechecked the muffler and there was no metal tag welded to it. There was only tack welds where the tag was cut off...hmmm. I called the seller immediately and talked to him about my concern and does he still have the tag...he does not, but he had it taken off because "it was vibrating against the muffler".

Can anyone tell me if there is any chance in hell that the tag would cause a vibration? I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but it seems fishy since the tag is the key to the real vs fake one.

I am also considering checking with the current Eisenmann NA repersentative and see if they can tell me if its the real deal or not. Maybe a photo?

Any other advice?

Thanks!
I have one, with badge. i think the badge is on the top, though, I'd have to get under the car and check. does it say eisenmann on the tips? drop me a pm if you want to meet up and compare them physically. If it's the one that was posted on here last week, he cut the intake pipe really close to the muffler too. Mine has the original intake pipe in its entirety.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

i think mine had it stamped on the rear box i cant remember but I think it must do canyou post a pic of it
Old 01-23-2009, 02:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

I dont know man. But this is what it should look like. Mine doesnt rattle.

Used Eisenmann Race Exhaust Purchase-eisenmann_stamp.jpg
Used Eisenmann Race Exhaust Purchase-eisenmann_stamp_2.jpg
Old 01-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='772221' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:22 AM
Here lies the difference between possibility and plausibilty....it is possible, it doesn't' sound plausible though! Good luck with this!
inspector puck to the rescueeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by delje08' post='775294' date='Jan 23 2009, 05:45 AM
I dont know man. But this is what it should look like. Mine doesnt rattle.

Attachment 70219
Attachment 70220
Yup, that's how it was on mine too, before I sold it. No rattling either; I think it's BS on that excuse
Old 01-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i

Here are a few photos of the muffler. I added a couple of red arrows to show where the tack welds are for the label...total of 6. Looks like a different location. Thanks for everyone's reply so far.

Quick Reply: Used Eisenmann Race Exhaust Purchase