E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

upgrading factory speakers......

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've searched for a few hours and couldn't get an answer, so I decided to start a new thread. I have an 07 530i US standard audio system. I installed an amp and a sub this past week and I'm satisfied with the base, but the mids and highs are still weak in the standard system. So I have a few questions. First, are the door speakers and the rear deck speakers connected to an amp or just the head unit? Is the amp on the driver's side in the trunk only for the subs underneath the seats? If I simply just replace the door speakers/tweeters and the rear deck speakers with coaxials, would that improve the mid/highs greatly? Should I even replace the subs underneath the seats with a 10" sub in the rear? I previously had a E39 and I know that it used an amp to power all their speakers...I can't figure it out in the E60s. THanks for all the help in advance.....
Old 05-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fusionaccord' post='574039' date='May 4 2008, 10:08 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've searched for a few hours and couldn't get an answer, so I decided to start a new thread. I have an 07 530i US standard audio system. I installed an amp and a sub this past week and I'm satisfied with the base, but the mids and highs are still weak in the standard system. So I have a few questions. First, are the door speakers and the rear deck speakers connected to an amp or just the head unit? Is the amp on the driver's side in the trunk only for the subs underneath the seats? If I simply just replace the door speakers/tweeters and the rear deck speakers with coaxials, would that improve the mid/highs greatly? Should I even replace the subs underneath the seats with a 10" sub in the rear? I previously had a E39 and I know that it used an amp to power all their speakers...I can't figure it out in the E60s. THanks for all the help in advance.....

Hi Fi upgrades have been talked about quite a bit here, with various solutions and suggestions. if you're in the uk and lumbered with a standard crappy hifi then you are stuffed. at least the us models seem to come with a semi ok hifi as standard. Logic 7 is ok at best. Have spent the last 3 weeks driving a Lexus 450h with the mark levinson hifi.... it's much better than bmw logic 7 but still falls short of Audi's jaw dropping Bang & Olufsen system in the A8 which simply blasts anything else out of orbit...... Aston Martin have signed up with them for the new ranges and they used to use Linn before hand. Who in their own right are amoungst the best of the best. Personally I'd love to get the component parts of the A8 B&O system and fit them to the E60 in a dream world of removing the dash, cutting out holes running cables amps sound proofing etc.... oh to dream.