5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Upgraded my Angel Eyes. Teaser Pic (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/upgraded-my-angel-eyes-teaser-pic-116102/)

DKNewYork 08-11-2011 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Upgraded my Angel eyes. Also changed out the projector lens like Ehssan. :D

Attachment 124639

v_therussian 08-11-2011 07:45 PM

akarramba! :hyper:

IndyRedBeast 08-11-2011 07:59 PM

where's the pics DK ?

v_therussian 08-11-2011 08:04 PM

So you went the Dremmel route? How hard was it?

:bash: I'm selling the car and I STILL wanna do this lol

nomis_nehc 08-11-2011 09:16 PM

I noticed you took off the piece behind the turn signal. I hope you're not painting that black as well. Your turn signals will be drastically dimmer due to not having the silver/chrome to reflect light off of.

DKNewYork 08-12-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc (Post 1371924)
I noticed you took off the piece behind the turn signal. I hope you're not painting that black as well. Your turn signals will be drastically dimmer due to not having the silver/chrome to reflect light off of.

Yup. I did. :lol: Also the lens in front are tinted real dark. Messed up when painting it. One side is tinted front and back of the lens. Trying to get it as smooth as possible. But couldn't wait for it to dry. So I said f*ck it. Didn't want to waste time and proceeded with the install. Hope its still visible.

umichchris 08-12-2011 05:23 AM

hahaha, i had a similar issue w/ tinting mine. the nite shade paint wouldnt coat very evenly so i ended up doing two very heavy coats...the result, my corner blinkers are only visible at night (barely) and def not visible during the day. perhaps i need to find a super bright bulb option to help me out. anyone ever replace that blinker bulb with a super bright LED or something?

i also see you went with a flat black paint, i went with a high gloss lacquer, it looks amazing in the day and especially at night...a lot of reflection going on...but then again, my car has a continaul Silver Gray & Gloss Black theme to it...

good luck w/ the rest of your install!

DKNewYork 08-12-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast (Post 1371905)
where's the pics DK ?

Pics this Saturday. Sealed it last night and will seal it with silicone tonight to be sure.

Originally Posted by v_therussian (Post 1371906)
So you went the Dremmel route? How hard was it?

:bash: I'm selling the car and I STILL wanna do this lol

Went with the oscillating tool. So easy. Took like 10 mins to cut the headlight. Not too hard. I would say changing out the projector lens was the hardest. Didn't have the correct bits to take it apart. So I took a shortcut. Literally. I cut the support, took the lens out, popped the new one in and JB weld the support. :lol: Got frustrated and took too long.

Originally Posted by umichchris (Post 1372005)
hahaha, i had a similar issue w/ tinting mine. the nite shade paint wouldnt coat very evenly so i ended up doing two very heavy coats...the result, my corner blinkers are only visible at night (barely) and def not visible during the day. perhaps i need to find a super bright bulb option to help me out. anyone ever replace that blinker bulb with a super bright LED or something?

i also see you went with a flat black paint, i went with a high gloss lacquer, it looks amazing in the day and especially at night...a lot of reflection going on...but then again, my car has a continaul Silver Gray & Gloss Black theme to it...

Thanks. Yea, the VHT night shade sucks. I'm going to get the super bright LED turn signals.

nomis_nehc 08-12-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by DKNewYork (Post 1371997)
Yup. I did. :lol: Also the lens in front are tinted real dark. Messed up when painting it. One side is tinted front and back of the lens. Trying to get it as smooth as possible. But couldn't wait for it to dry. So I said f*ck it. Didn't want to waste time and proceeded with the install. Hope its still visible.

Actually, I didn't find Nite Shade to be hard to work with. Prep is pretty key though, it's very advisable to sand the surface on the blinker piece.

Originally Posted by umichchris (Post 1372005)

Chris maybe you can put up more pics so people can tell between gloss paint and matte. I actually think matte black out of the inside looks better because it won't reflect light unnecessarily due to Orions and just have two clean halos emitting from the headlight versus outburst of light distribution due to reflection.

As for the turn signals. There is a 7W LED option right now. I bought a set to test, and it's pretty damn bright. It should be perfect for this black out mod. I'll probably test it tomorrow when I am doing another set of headlights and see if the person wants to pick it up.

DKNewYork 08-12-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc (Post 1372048)
Actually, I didn't find Nite Shade to be hard to work with. Prep is pretty key though, it's very advisable to sand the surface on the blinker piece.

As for the turn signals. There is a 7W LED option right now. I bought a set to test, and it's pretty damn bright. It should be perfect for this black out mod. I'll probably test it tomorrow when I am doing another set of headlights and see if the person wants to pick it up.

I guess I should've sanded it. Make sense now that I think about it. Oh well. :lol:

Where did you get the 7w LED turn signals? I'm going to need it.