E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Orion V4 Upgrade not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Umnitza Orion V4 Upgrade not working

I recently shipped my headlights to Umnitza to have them upgrade the Angel Eyes to the Orion V4's. Once I got them back, the driver side Angel Eyes were not working. I shipped back the headlights for them to fix. I just got the headlights back and the driver side Angel Eyes are still not working. Does anyone have any idea on what could be wrong?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
New Members

they did the same thing to my cousins car, now im scared to take them over there lol hearing another problem from them, but im lucky i stay here in stockton cali not that far from them. call and talk to tim hes really cool, they usually test them out before they send them back, just curious how much did they charge you for the install? how much did you pay for shipping?
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by FatBoy209
they did the same thing to my cousins car, now im scared to take them over there lol hearing another problem from them, but im lucky i stay here in stockton cali not that far from them. call and talk to tim hes really cool, they usually test them out before they send them back, just curious how much did they charge you for the install? how much did you pay for shipping?
Well what do you know, I am in the Bay now! Same day turn around too The only installer as far as I know that can pull this off.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:46 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport

Probably failed on delivery , what do y expect from china bulbs

Last edited by champaign777; 05-19-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Members

You'd think that they would test prior to leaving their facilities, since they need to cut open to do the install and then reseal! could it have fried your harness or blown a fuse? If it was the first time, I'd think it was the part, but twice makes me wonder.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by cambee1
I recently shipped my headlights to Umnitza to have them upgrade the Angel Eyes to the Orion V4's. Once I got them back, the driver side Angel Eyes were not working. I shipped back the headlights for them to fix. I just got the headlights back and the driver side Angel Eyes are still not working. Does anyone have any idea on what could be wrong?
Did you call umnitza to see what they fixed. If they didn't fix anything since it tested fine like darkrider said it might be the harness or another component in the car.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by champaign777
Probably failed on delivery , what do y expect from china bulbs
Orions are not bulbs...

OP, maybe you can provide more information and I can help you out.

First of all, pre-LCI or LCI? Secondly, how did they wire up the power source going to the white box?

With these two pieces of info, I can help you troubleshoot it properly.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Orions are not bulbs...

OP, maybe you can provide more information and I can help you out.

First of all, pre-LCI or LCI? Secondly, how did they wire up the power source going to the white box?

With these two pieces of info, I can help you troubleshoot it properly.

The car is an LCI. There are two black wires coming from the headlight unit. One black goes to the red wire from the white box. The other black wire is hooked up to the brown wire from the white box. The White wire is not hooked up to anything.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Contributors

Okay that's fine. Do you have a 12v power source you can test with?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:35 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Okay that's fine. Do you have a 12v power source you can test with?
No, but I can get one. What would you recommend? Once i get one, what would be the next step?

Quick Reply: Umnitza Orion V4 Upgrade not working