E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza M5tech Bumpers with PDC

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i
Default Umnitza M5tech Bumpers with PDC

Hi,

I bought M5 Tech front and rare bumpers and side skirts from Umnitza for my 2010 E60.

I have 18MM PDC on my car's front and back bumpers. Now the Umnitza front bumper has 18MM holes, so I am good to go there, but they sent me the rare bumper with 24MM size holes.

Is there any way i can fit my dime size parking sensors in the 24MM (Quarter Size) holes on the bumper?

Thanks
AJ
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Interesting, I had heard the PDC on the 2010's were smaller. My guess is that Umnitza has a one size fits all concept. You would think they would know this and inform you when you made the purchase, as I am sure you are not the first person to buy this bumper for a 2010! Unless they happen to have a bumper with the correct hole size, you might only have two options. 1. replace the sensors with the larger ones but this might require coding and maybe not even work correctly. 2. fill in the hole somehow, and use the smaller sensor but I am not sure if this would be an option as it could look terrible.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Why not just contact to umnitza.. ?!?!?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

have you contacted the vendor?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

return the incorrect part. obtain the correct part. rejoice.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i

I contacted umnitza and this is what they replied:

"When the installer puts the PDC in and uses the existing holder, all he has to do is apply a small amount of fiberglass to the surround before he paints it. This will take no time at all if you need further assistance have the installer call us we’ll get him in touch with our local installer who does this work for us and many many customers locally."

Would the bumper look good if i do this?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

i would request for the correct size to be sent. no reason why their should be more work on your end to correct a mistake they made. why risk that fiberglass cracking later down the road?

its one thing if the holes where smaller, easily sand a little bigger, but going from bigger hole to smaller...too sketchy...return it, in the end, better results and you'll have that piece of mind.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by AJ0601
I contacted umnitza and this is what they replied:

"When the installer puts the PDC in and uses the existing holder, all he has to do is apply a small amount of fiberglass to the surround before he paints it. This will take no time at all if you need further assistance have the installer call us we’ll get him in touch with our local installer who does this work for us and many many customers locally."

Would the bumper look good if i do this?
Just what I thought, one size fits all! Umnitza KILLS just about all of their customers with their service. My guess is that the bumper PDC's changed with LCI and the bumper mold they use from their source is pre-lci. A new tool is very expensive and using an insert wouldn't be possible unless they are sanding the parting lines and priming to hide them. I didn't notice any in mine, so their source could have two tools and like mentioned the third tool to cover lci pdc would probably not support the investment. This also makes sense to me as to why I had to modify both front and rear bumpers to get the required fit and alignment. Some just put it on and walk a way, perhaps these are more in line with pre lci cars where the bumper was intended to be used.

If you can, I would return it and get a refund and then look some where else while asking specifically what the size of the openings are before you purchase. You shouldn't have to do this but with some of these clowns out there it's better you do. Umnitza is clearly aware of this situation and should be up front with it. I've seen there paint guys work when they sell a pre-painted bumper, it was a big joke. There was SO much orange peel in the finish that I wouldn't have put it on a car sitting in a junk yard. Their response to the buyer was to get some 1000 grit paper and compound, wet sand and buff it, and it will look nice. But in the end, it all comes down to the good ole Dollar in their pocket...