E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza M5 Trunk Spoiler, Quality and how does it fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013 | 03:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005
Default Umnitza M5 Trunk Spoiler, Quality and how does it fit?

Anyone with the Umnitza M5 rear trunk spoiler chime in. How's the quality, how does it fit? For the price it's pretty decent but I don't want to just order it base on price. If it doesn't fit well or hold up, then why even bother.

http://www.umnitza.com/e60-5series-m...er-p-6042.html
Old 06-24-2013 | 08:13 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

it fits like all the other OE style lips
Old 06-25-2013 | 09:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

i was expecting feedback from customers that's actually bought these.
Old 06-25-2013 | 12:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

HORRIBLE! It's warped and it will not stay properly fitted to the car with only double sided tape. You will need to break out the big guns like super duper space glue and you might then be able to get it to stay down and look like it's supposed to. No need to complain after you purchase it because their customer service absolutely SUX! It really does... If you buy one that fits all you will need is the 3m double sided tape to adhere it to the trunk. This can also be removed relatively easy when needed. With Umnitza spoiler you will need much more and make it work and then if you ever decide to remove it you could end up having to do some serious repair work to your trunk.

Last edited by tonyb635; 06-25-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2013 | 01:01 PM
Former Vendor

Mr. Bradley,

I don't show that you ever purchased a rear trunk spoiler. I show you purchased a body kit, front spoiler, fogs, and that's it.

When did you purchase the rear lip? Also, if you did have this kind of an issue, we would have replaced it for you after having it sent back.

Please email us a copy of the receipt so we can look it up.
Old 06-26-2013 | 11:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Mr. Umnitza, you are exactly correct. Of course I did not purchase one because several of my friends have and they all looked horrible. One also even got sucked into your painted kit offer. When I looked at the quality all I could do was laugh. When he called you to guys to address the main issue with the front bumper your guys told him to sand it and buff it. Really? The paint structure was equivalent to 40 grit sand paper and looked like someone from the local kindergarten painted it. But these kind of responses from your staff if exactly why your customer service suxs.
Old 06-26-2013 | 11:42 AM
Former Vendor

Mr. Bradley,

We have since switched painters. It won't help your friend but it will help future buyers to know that the new painter we use has a very high quality full fledged paint booth. We switched immediately when we discovered that the old painter was using a make shift booth with plastic drapes and was doing less than perfect work. That said, our paint offer was $400-475 for a FULL paint setup, and a normal body shop would charge between $250-450 per bumper + $250 for the side skirts.

I do not understand why our support sucks when I replied saying that if you have a purchase receipt of a trunk lip that doesn't suit your fitment needs, let us know and we'll take care of it.

If anyone would like detailed photos of what our current paint shop - Mark from Federal Auto Body - does, please email us.
Old 06-26-2013 | 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Ha ha, why would you? You never took care about the issues I had with the kit I purchased. I was told to email everything to umnitzashit and it would be reviewed. I did and I knew it was BS and so did you all. Of course I never heard back. Again, this is why your customer service suxs so bad. So at this point there is no need to continue this conversation because its diluting this thread. I only responded with my honest thoughts and views of what I've seen. On another note, how many photos that people have posted here have has your company stolen? When members post on this site, these photos are not for you. I can't believe that a company would literally come to this site, download someone's pictures and post them to their companies web page to help sell their useless crap! Is it going to take someone to have an Attorney send you a cease and desist letter? How would you like it if someone copied your Umnitza logo and made their own post? You know exactly who's photos you've take and all without permission. You know if you just asked someone might just say yes...
Old 06-26-2013 | 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Mr. Bradley,

You should have mailed umnitzaship@gmail.com - if there was an email we would have replied to you. If there was an issue we could address we would have, if we couldn't, we would have at least told you we couldn't.

We use people's photos that allow us to use them. If you want us to remove photos that you believe are yours and are taken without permission, you don't have to continue to be angry, you just have to send us a link to which photos and where and when you took them. If we have that information, our web guy will immediately remove them. We ask all members ahead of time prior to usage.

I'm sorry to the original poster, it seems like Mr. Bradley has an issue and we need to address it more privately if he would like.

Konstantin.
Old 06-26-2013 | 03:13 PM
Senior Members

Omg, not only do you provide bad customer service, you also lie. What gives you the impression that you asked me to use my pictures and others from this site? Then you tell me I have to prove they are mine by sending the thief where and when i took them? I think umnitza needs to be the one who proves they didn't just go out and rip people off of their photos. I'll send you the link, but this will be the third documented time. Once to your customer service via email, second to your sales mgr I believe it was Tim, and now a third time for everyone one here to see. Again no need to continue to respond to me, you already pm me.
Boost my appologies

Quick Reply: Umnitza M5 Trunk Spoiler, Quality and how does it fit?