E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza M5 Tech Kit + Quad Exhaust Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

I got the Body Kit installed at BMW Of Fairfax (Test Fit, Priming, Painting and Installation) for $1000. They did a great job but, they could not fix the Headlight Washers. I hope Umnitza bumpers are designed to be like that or i must have got a defective bumper. I talked to Matt at Umnitza and, he has agreed to address the issue. I hope they will take care of this issue promptly.

Had the Quad Installed at Monroe in Fairfax for $180. Mel and Greg really did a great job. Had some issue aligning the right side tips with the left side. Greg had to make a little mods to align the tips.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by SU530XI
I got the Body Kit installed at BMW Of Fairfax (Test Fit, Priming, Painting and Installation) for $1000. They did a great job but, they could not fix the Headlight Washers. I hope Umnitza bumpers are designed to be like that or i must have got a defective bumper. I talked to Matt at Umnitza and, he has agreed to address the issue. I hope they will take care of this issue promptly.

Had the Quad Installed at Monroe in Fairfax for $180. Mel and Greg really did a great job. Had some issue aligning the right side tips with the left side. Greg had to make a little mods to align the tips.
That was the EXACT Problem I had, can fix it for you if you want.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
That was the EXACT Problem I had, can fix it for you if you want.

Hi Racer Boss,
Could you share that fix with us, please?

I will be putting a different front bumper (and probably more) on soon, and would love to know in case my shop - which I have yet to find... - runs into the same/similar problem; either with the same, or a different bumper.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We'll be putting a new bumper on another car later this week, we should be able to get you photos of this as well.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Members

My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

That would be really great TheRacerBoss. How do i contact you.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Members

Guys,
Checkout the Exhaust and Sound and let me know your comments.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 LCI 535i sport M5 umnitza full kit, Maya RM 1 245/35/20 20x9 et16, 275/30/20 20x10.5 et17, Future mods- KW coilovers V3 and StopTech brake

Thanks for sharing the sound clip. The exhaust sound has a nice mellow sound though.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Sorry guys,
I was not watching this thread, I will go look up what I did for the bumper.
hey SU530Xi, I have taken my front bumper apart and if you want you can come have a look at the modification yourself.
I also want to see your quads and how they sound in person.
Wana meet up today -- I am in Sterling VA

Will be putting the front bumper back on my car today since I think I am will be done with my DIY work
Old 02-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Members

TheRacerBoss,
I will be back from work at around 9PM and i think it will be too late. Since you are opening the front bumper, can you please take some pics of the mod that you did to get the Head light washer work and also writeup of the steps. I can meet you tomorrow evening to show the Quads.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Looks great. Added the video to our www.facebook.com/umnitza page.

Quick Reply: Umnitza M5 Tech Kit + Quad Exhaust Installation