E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza M5 Tech Kit + Quad Exhaust Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

Hello,
I live in DC Metro area. I received my Umnitza M5 Tech kit last week. I went to few Body shops in Sterling VA (The closest to me) to get an estimate. The lowest estimate that i got from one of the shops (Maaco)is $1500 for paint and installation. I read a few posts from few guys in the forum who have got it painted and installed for a lot lesser than $1500. I feel all of the shops that i had been to, are a rip off. The first thing they say is, "need to Test fit the parts since they are After market". Their belief is that "After market parts always require Alterations to bring it to Perfection".

Can anyone of you guys who have got Umnitza M5 Tech kit installed let me know approximately how much it would cost for paint and installation?
Can Umnitza M5 Tech kit be painted and installed without Test fitting it? The reason for asking this question is, if the parts are "A perfect fit", i was thinking of getting it painted by a shop and install it myself.
Any shop in DC Metro area that anybody knows that is reasonable and does good job?

I have also got Quad from Umnitza. After getting the Body kit fixed, i need to get the Quads fixed. So, i am looking for an Exhaust store too.

Thanks.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i 6 speed 92 535i 5 speed 88 325i auto

i paid $ 375 for front bumper and $375 for rear bumper. painting and installation, by the its BMW certified body shop
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 LCI 535i sport M5 umnitza full kit, Maya RM 1 245/35/20 20x9 et16, 275/30/20 20x10.5 et17, Future mods- KW coilovers V3 and StopTech brake

I had the shop install the front bumper and paint for $400. I installed the side skirts and rear bumper myself ( paint- side skirts$150 and rear bumper $350) titanium silver btw.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I am in Sterling VA,
Got the Trinity front, the Trinity sides and the Umnitza rear (quad) M5 bumper.

Let me tell you,
The front bumper did need some minor tweaks here and there, the Sides from trinity were not exactly perfect. On a very close notice they are short.
The best was the rear bumper from Umnitza -- 100% perfect fit. Let me tell you, I had bought a Mtech rear bumper from trinity and the fitting was bad, plus the bumper was damaged.
Joe, refunded me the money(price of the bumper) but having me to bear shipping cost both ways :thumbsdown: -- Very UN-Reasonable.

Got the stuff painted and installed for I guess 1200/- ( I installed the rear bumper myself )

For the quads,
I got custom Magnaflow, I can let you know the name of the store but the guy was expensive -- Did an Xtremely clean job on the car.
The quad install took us about 7 hours cuz I wanted it done a certian way and I paid the price for it.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Members

My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

Please give me the name of the Body shop that did the Painting and the name of the shop who installed the quad exhaust.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Members

I mean the body shop and exhaust shop in VA
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Members

!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
I am in Sterling VA,

Let me tell you,
The front bumper did need some minor tweaks here and there, the Sides from trinity were not exactly perfect. On a very close notice they are short.
The best was the rear bumper from Umnitza -- 100% perfect fit. Let me tell you, I had bought a Mtech rear bumper from trinity and the fitting was bad, plus the bumper was damaged.
Joe, refunded me the money(price of the bumper) but having me to bear shipping cost both ways :thumbsdown: -- Very UN-Reasonable.
I'm PMing you regarding this matter. We'll get this taken care of
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
I am in Sterling VA,

Let me tell you,

Got the stuff painted and installed for I guess 1200/- ( I installed the rear bumper myself )

For the quads,
I got custom Magnaflow, I can let you know the name of the store but the guy was expensive -- Did an Xtremely clean job on the car.
The quad install took us about 7 hours cuz I wanted it done a certian way and I paid the price for it.

wow so it sounds like Umnitza is the best person to go with then? and they sell the same exact thing cheaper than Trinity does.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

The bumpers are all the same.
In Trinity's defense (though they are a competitor) fitment does often depend on the shop you have performing the work (90%).

We do our best to make sure you get the best setup for the best price. Feel free to give us a call.

Quick Reply: Umnitza M5 Tech Kit + Quad Exhaust Installation